Eurocamp

(20 Posts)
ParenthoodJourney Mon 13-Jan-14 21:12:44

Have you ever been to any eurocamps?

We had a big holiday last year and a long weekend away so this year we are looking to do something a bit shorter and cheaper but with guaranteed sunshine.

Seven nights in a French eurocamp for 450 including travel seems a good deal!?

What are your experiences ?

poorbuthappy Mon 13-Jan-14 21:13:44

I assume that's outside school
Holidays?
Try booking direct with campsite you might get it cheaper.

ParenthoodJourney Tue 14-Jan-14 07:58:23

No this is May half term

Ok I'll have a look at doing that

Thank you

plrae Tue 14-Jan-14 17:30:54

We have used eurocamp many many times, prices vary greatly my parents go for 3-4 weeks in june for about £900, we are going for 4 weeks in summer hols for £3300 sounds expensive but in comparison to package holidays for a family of 6 it isn't. We have never had any complaints we have been taking kids since they were just months old, the oldest is now 15 and they still love it!!

ParenthoodJourney Tue 14-Jan-14 19:07:19

Thanks for that plrae.

It does look perfect for kids !

Think we will book, seems a pretty decent price for the schools holidays and transport included.

ThoughSheBeButLittle Tue 14-Jan-14 19:18:24

We went to the Vendee last July with a 10m old, a 6yr old and and 8yr old. I wasn't really sure it would work out but we all had an absolute ball. IIRC it cost us about £1000 for 10 nights in a safari tent and was v comfortable and well equipped.

We'll definitely book again for this summer

Philoslothy Tue 14-Jan-14 19:21:28

We use them quite a lot and always enjoy them, lots for the chiidren to do and for camping very comfortable .

mumbaisapphirebluespruce Tue 14-Jan-14 19:21:35

I went on these holidays as a kid. They were fantastic. We had so much freedom! It was a real adventure from start to finish - even the ferry crossings were exciting for us. Can't wait to take my DD on her first one.

ParenthoodJourney Tue 14-Jan-14 19:30:09

Thanks everyone all very helpful and very positive!

Think it's definitely the one for us this year!

Ive never been on a ferry myself so will be just as excited as DS grin

Pootlingalong Wed 15-Jan-14 13:31:54

We used Eurocamp before we got our own tent and had a great time in the South of France. NHS discounts saved us a significant chunk but that was outside school holidays. Worth a go if any of you work for the NHS wink

2014newme Wed 15-Jan-14 13:36:57

Yes although need to go quite far south for better weather

Pootlingalong I'm NHS and a discount would be very welcome! As it's just me and DD, summer holiday prices are pretty steep with Eurocamp. Is it through NHS discounts or how did you get the discount?

Pootlingalong Thu 16-Jan-14 23:04:43

Yes it was NHSdiscounts, marvellous stuff. I had a quick peek and they seem to be offering good discounts again this year. When I did it the discount didn't show up until I had gone through checkout though. Slightly disconcerting not knowing whether or not I had saved the ££s

RedNats5 Fri 17-Jan-14 07:37:19

Last May half term we got a mobile home at eurocamp in vendee for £315 and got the eurotunnel for free using tesco. So including petrol it was £500 for a holiday for 5 and we loved it. It was our first time and we are going back this year.

Thanks pootlingalong, I shall have a little look.

aiann1 Sun 19-Jan-14 08:55:34

Hi all, this is my first time on mumsnet and hope someone can help. I'm looking at booking a family holiday in France, either camping or in a mobile home far enough to feel you're in the middle of no where but a reasonable distance to drive to Eurodisney. I have a son of 14 and a daughter of 9 so the campsite would need activities to keep tnem occupied. Many thanks.

MegBusset Sun 19-Jan-14 08:59:59

Alain we stayed at Croix du Vieux Pont, Berny Riviere last summer. We stayed with Canvas, they had a kids' club but ours are younger so you'd have to check on activities for older ones. I think Eurocamp were there too. It's a great site with loads of facilities, about an hour from Euro Disney and they do excursions to Paris.

MegBusset Sun 19-Jan-14 09:01:57
JourneyToThePlacentaOfTheEarth Sun 19-Jan-14 09:19:05

I agree with Meg. Le croix du vieux pont is an awesome campsite. We were there last October half term and had so much fun. Venue holidays might be cheaper than eurocamp. When we visited Eurodisney we stayed at www.lechenegris.co.uk which was lovely. But I think your 14 year old will prefer the swimming and activities at at le croix du vieux pont

MegBusset Sun 19-Jan-14 09:54:44

Oh what was the weather like in OcTober? And was everything still open?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now