Which camping cooker?

(5 Posts)
Heavymetalmater Sat 04-Jan-14 13:23:21

Our one ring gas cooker dies last summer and we are now looking to replace it. We also have a trangia and a small bbq. Wondered if there is something a bit more substantial that might do the jog of all three. May be being a bit unrealistic. Would it be better to stick to the trangia and bbq only and forget about a gas cooker.

melrose Sat 04-Jan-14 14:23:52

Cadiz is fab, interchangeable top BBQ, paella pan and gas ring, although can't use all at the same time. New lat year and could cook most things on it. I now won't bother taking my gas hob for short trips, although I may still use for the summer.

justforachange Wed 08-Jan-14 20:12:21

Do you have a gas burner for your trangia? We only have the meths burner just now but the gas burner is on my wish list! You'd still only have one ring but would be more efficient than the meths version. (Go system, i think, do a slightly cheaper burner that is trangia compatible)

LoveAndDeath Wed 08-Jan-14 20:54:56

We have the campingaz double burner with grill. Found it exactly the same as cooking at home. Which is probably a bit boring! There were five of us and it was great, managed to cook meals both nights in around 20 minutes.

twattock Thu 09-Jan-14 17:20:02

we have a petrol fueled Coleman. It's powerful and great if you're out for a long time and away from an easy source of gas bottles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now