Camping in Brittany end Aug - any coast better than others?

(11 Posts)
MrsMc82 Sat 18-Jan-14 22:22:31

We've been to Camping ee la plage two years in a row ..... will really miss it this year trying a package holiday this year. ... I imagine we'll be back in 2015.... enjoy!

MrsMc82 Sat 18-Jan-14 22:22:03

We've been to Camping ee la plage two years in a row ..... will really miss it this year trying a package holiday this year. ... I imagine we'll be back in 2015.... enjoy!

We are going back to De la baie for third year in a row this August. good choicegrin kids are six and four they adore it.

AlohaMama Fri 10-Jan-14 12:50:13

Thanks Justforachange. That is what I was worried about. Anyway I've booked Bamping de la Baie now, so I'm hoping that being in the Quiberon bay it will be quite protected. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

justforachange Thu 09-Jan-14 13:34:19

Last year we had a week on the south west Brittany coast at Les Embruns. It was a great site but the surf was too rough for my youngest (just turned 4 at the time) to venture in the sea at all, and she's usually pretty brave. Our second week was in the north near the Granite Coast and the waves were much gentler. Some fab beaches too, especially around Perros-Guirec, but also on the west side (Pordic was good!). We stayed at Milin Kerhe - small site and very rustic! We liked it but don't go if you can't handle grubby loos. We were thinking of going back to the same area but nearer the coast this year but have decided to head further south to be more sure of the weather.

AlohaMama Sat 04-Jan-14 09:06:28

Thanks for the suggestions. We had already noted Camping de la Baie, so nice to have a recommendation. Will also loook at the others.

MillyMollyMama Fri 03-Jan-14 23:39:21

It was Camping de la Baie at Trinite Sur Mer. There was also Camping de la Plage. Great place.

TalkinPeace Fri 03-Jan-14 23:36:17

yup, the baie de Quiberon is just great

MillyMollyMama Fri 03-Jan-14 23:30:57

We stayed near Carnac at Trinite Sur Mer on the West Coast. Several beaches within walking distance and area was relatively quiet. This was a few years ago but several companies went to this campsite. It was small but had a pool, children's' activities but no clubhouse. I remember it was not recommended for teens. I think the owners ran two sites. Lots to do in the area and the beaches were lovely with calm sea and clean sand. I felt we could not have done better so went there twice.

TalkinPeace Fri 03-Jan-14 22:30:38

www.campingmunicipallafalaise.com/

been there twice, ten years apart
it was even better when we went back than we had remembered

the beach is just
well it just is
the restaurant on site is great

town is a bit of a walk but not too bad
camping pitches are huge
not many english people (ok v v few) but the people are lovely

AlohaMama Fri 03-Jan-14 20:02:48

We're planning a camping trip for a week, end of Aug/beg of Sep with DH, DS (will be 3) and DD (will be 1). Ideally somewhere quietish (i.e. not too big, no fancy pool, loud bar on site) and close to/next to a beach. I've found a few I like the look of on north, west and south coasts, but was wondering if beaches on any coastline tend to be more sheltered than others? As the kids will be young, obviously we want to avoid beaches with rough surf and maximise our chances of being able to play in the sea ever day. Any recommendations? TIA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now