Any 6man tent recommendations pls?

(5 Posts)
NoNoNoMYDoIt Tue 31-Dec-13 13:46:38

My tents always end up leaking. Last one lasted 2 years. Was fine and then suddenly it was like the niagra falls throughout!

Want one I can put up with my son (aged 8). We manage usually by ourselves - had a hi gear Zenobia last time.

Any recommendations? One that doesn't leak obviously!!

Nobloomingideapgornot Tue 31-Dec-13 14:48:22

Vango samara 600 .... Absolutely fine for two to put up x
We have had ours three years, we love it. For extra space we have added the front enclosed canopy which we got free due to a manufacturing defect on the first one we had.

As it happens we are selling ours, let me know if interested!!

Good luck

NiSaBula Thu 02-Jan-14 10:38:09

We have a vango icarus 600. It's very easy to put up and quite roomy inside, perfect for us 4. We've had it 2 years and so far, no leaking (touch wood).

NorbertDentressangle Thu 02-Jan-14 10:41:34

I might keep an eye on this thread as we are tempted to upgrade from our 4 man to a 6 man tent . We don't camp very often but when we do we want the space which you don't get with 4 people in a 4 man tent!

The Vango Icarus 600 was the one I liked the look of when I browsed a few websites at the end of the summer so I'm interested to see it recommended by you NiSaBula.

NoNoNoMYDoIt Thu 02-Jan-14 11:50:39

Thanks all. I have had 2 4 Man vango tents which have leaked badly when still quite new. So I have always been a bit worried about vango... But they seem a good bet on paper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now