Looking ahead to next year -- can anyone recommend a good campsite near York?

(11 Posts)
Pachacuti Fri 15-Nov-13 16:19:29

Mmm; their availability calendar appears to be claiming no availability at all for 2014, but I assume that's because they haven't released the dates online yet rather than because they've suddenly ratcheted up in popularity...? grin

professorpoopsnagle Fri 15-Nov-13 16:16:41

here is very nice, have stayed and recommend it but don't tell too many people as I don't want it to become too popular. wink

Pachacuti Fri 15-Nov-13 09:11:12

I suppose we're thinking within half an hour's drive or so. Those do look interesting; I'll check them out.

Anyone been to Champs Field or Bridge Park? They look good and have positive reviews on ukcampsite.

BadRoly Thu 14-Nov-13 21:45:53

Hahahaha DuckyFuzz the Rosedale one is from when we did our DofE walks, I think yours is the other one we used!! Is that coincidence?!

duckyfuzz Thu 14-Nov-13 19:01:08

this is a lovely site but nearer the coast than York

BadRoly Thu 14-Nov-13 19:00:01

Google Rosedale Abbey. It was basic but clean facilities and a nice stroll from the village centre and the pub!

BadRoly Thu 14-Nov-13 18:55:51

How close to York do you want to be? Admittedly it was 20-25 shock years ago but we used to camp at a super little campsite at Rosedale on the North York Moors!

Pachacuti Thu 14-Nov-13 18:53:52

Thank you, though!

Pachacuti Thu 14-Nov-13 18:53:37

They look lovely, but seem to be just glamping in pre-pitched tents rather than having bookable pitches for your own tent.

OldBeanbagz Thu 14-Nov-13 13:40:29

How about Jolly Days.

Their website says it's 20 mins from York. If it's the one i think it is, some friends went there and had a great time.

Pachacuti Wed 13-Nov-13 19:11:10

Family discussion has hit on York as a base for next year's holiday, but we've never camped around there before.

We'd like somewhere with friendly management and good toilet block facilities; a site that allows campfires would be a big plus. Not really bothered about entertainment facilities on site. If there were a WoWo Of The North that would be ideal... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now