So, what camping gadgets do you want for Christmas?

(17 Posts)
Blu Sat 05-Oct-13 15:11:18

I am still hankering after a pie iron.
And a Weber Go-Anywhere BBQ.

LegalMatterQuerry Sat 05-Oct-13 15:14:24

Do you have links?

lisad123everybodydancenow Sat 05-Oct-13 15:15:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Blu Sat 05-Oct-13 21:08:21

pie iron or a huge selection here for cooking burgers or toasted sandwiches, or even actual pies over the campfire.

The Go-Anywhere in the UK I have worked out that this is my ideal BBQ. Compact for fitting in the car (easier to pack than the current Weber Smokey Joe portable), it has a lid with vents so can be used for slow cooking, vents under the charcoal for good heat / burning speed control, very high quailty materials so will not rust or warp or go cockly. I thoroughly classy, sturdy, practical little BBQ.

Blu Sat 05-Oct-13 21:08:57

Lisa - you currently camp without a stove?

sallydolittle Tue 08-Oct-13 15:06:24

Would love a Allan's Campfire Grill in my stocking this year, we borrowed one at a campsite this summer and it was just fab. But I can't find one anywhere other than Amazon and I am trying to avoid buying from them until they pay up some tax. Anyone any idea's where I can buy one from

Edendance Tue 08-Oct-13 18:35:46
Blu Tue 08-Oct-13 18:55:51

like this Sally?

I have one of these the rebel grill as I like the way you can alter the height of the grill above the flame, and also swing the grill away from the fire once it has cooked, or swing the grill to a hotter or cooler part of the fire. They are fab.

But I just Googled Alland Campfire grill and got lots of suppliers that aren't Amazon.

Blu Tue 08-Oct-13 18:58:15

The Allans grill looks better for putting a big heavy cooking pot on the fire, though. I mostly use the Campfire Grill for BBQing. It could easily take a kettle, though.

lisad123everybodydancenow Tue 08-Oct-13 19:07:16

Blu Tue 08-Oct-13 19:10:40

So what do you do about cups of tea, and cooking?

hillbilly Wed 09-Oct-13 10:49:58

We have the largest grill from here

Had it for 4 years and it's still going strong.

I, unfortunately have already got too much gear so will probably not get anything else sad obviously if I find something really none essential I'll have to have it!

Milliways Fri 11-Oct-13 18:17:17

Anyone else going to the Motorhome & Caravan show in Birmingham? We are going on Saturday and I always find great gadgets at these shows.

lisad123everybodydancenow Fri 11-Oct-13 21:13:28

Blu Sat 12-Oct-13 07:35:40

Oh, I see, Lisa!

Blu Sun 13-Oct-13 09:05:53

Milliways, did you spot anything good?

Milliways Sun 13-Oct-13 16:42:53

Oops - we are going NEXT Saturday, hoping to find a pressie for DH's birthday there. No doubt I will see a lovely perfect layout new Motorhome, but they cost a bit more than I was intending to spend on him grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now