Travelling through US in an RV - with 2 LOs!

(3 Posts)
PrincessLuna Wed 25-Sep-13 00:10:51

A swimming noodle works well as a bed bumper - just stick it under the sheet. Depends on the height of the bed though - might be a bit more concerned in a bunk bed?

Sounds like an amazing holiday - very envious!

quoteunquote Thu 19-Sep-13 21:35:55

The national park campsites are brilliant, and stunningly beautiful, you may have to book hookups.

Don't forget a gas air horn for bear scaring, buy there.

eztigrrrr Thu 19-Sep-13 20:29:41

Hi everyone

Well, the realisation of what we are doing is starting to dawn on me - that is 3 weeks around California in October with our two girls - the eldest will be just over 2 and the youngest...gulp....5 months! We'll be travelling in an RV and I wondered whether anyone has done this sort of trip (in a camper van, RV etc....) and can give some tips on travelling with young kids.

I'm particularly concerned about sleeping arrangements - we'll be in a 25" RV which sleeps 5. My eldest sleeps pretty well anywhere (we've camped before around the UK with no problems), however she'll need some sort of bed bumper/rail and I wondered whether anyone has tips for travel bumpers or rails that are light to carry and fit into a suitcase? My youngest still wakes up 2-3 times during the night, but we've just put her in her own cot and she's doing pretty well.....should we stick with a travel cot or try co-sleeping again for a few weeks?

Any other thoughts in terms of safety, ideas etc of people who've done this sort of trip either here or elsewhere would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Eztigrrr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now