Inflatable tents!!

(20 Posts)
ILoveAFullFridge Mon 16-Sep-13 20:28:50

Here it looks like you don't even need the pop-up porch thing, but can even attach the small tent directly to the back door of the family tent. But I would have thought Gould want the extra living space that the pop-up porch gives you.

ILoveAFullFridge Mon 16-Sep-13 20:10:43

Quechua do 4-berth pop-up family tents, but they also do a mult-purpose 'pod' that can dock onto the openings of any of their other pop-up tents. So you could have a family tent with a 2- or 3-berth puptent right next to it, both of them opening into the same porch dog's bedroom.

I'd guesstimate about £500 total, but you be up with very flexible camping arrangement.

Theas18 Mon 16-Sep-13 18:25:30

My ancient dad raves about the inflatable tents that were around before I was born!

Blu Mon 16-Sep-13 18:13:38

Lisa - are none of the Pop-ups big enough for you?
They are really quick.
Decathlon etc?

misdee Mon 16-Sep-13 17:22:26

hmm the ones i'm looking at don't have pods.

CaffeineDeficit Mon 16-Sep-13 16:16:47

Our friends have a >£1000 one. The main pod goes up in minutes and watching it go up is quite something. However, they still end up spending an hour pitching it by the time they've done the sleeping pods!

misdee Mon 16-Sep-13 14:07:07

tried that Blu, but they didnt like it. fearless in the day, want snuggles with their sisters at night smile

Lilyloo Sun 15-Sep-13 21:03:09

Was hoping there would be some reviews of these tents. Expensive but on paper quick set up seems worth it.
Not if they don't hold up in the wind though.

Blu Sun 15-Sep-13 20:55:14

Misdee - can't your 2 eldest sleep in a small tent on their own now?

DS loves his individual tent.

badger21 Sun 15-Sep-13 13:50:26

Vango, Outwell ... NO ... Karsten tenten. This is the way of inflatable tents - dutch style. Only for beautiful, elf-like people, obviously.

Would have to sell house and mortgage family to buy one ... but would probably do so given half a chance.

misdee Sun 15-Sep-13 11:29:36

I need a large tent. 6 children. 1 husband and a large dog.

nobodysfool Sun 15-Sep-13 09:58:46

Misdee- I had looked at the vango air range but was unimpressed because if the lack of support . Outwell version seemed much sturdier and the new 2014 range has 2 new models that are larger than this years so I'm hoping their quality control is better now ( have been messed around with an wolf lake 7 as it has had so many faults)

misdee Sun 15-Sep-13 08:01:19

H,mm the air beam doesn't have an inflatable beam running across the top. The outwell smart air does, so might be sturdier

marmiteandhoney Sun 15-Sep-13 07:46:06

Vango airbeam.
But presumably all inflatable tents would have the same problems in gusty windy conditions.
The campers said it had held up ok on a sheltered campsite in France earlier in the summer, so I suppose if you were only planning on camping on low level sheltered sites with hedging between the plots, then it might be worth considering?
It was clever. But just didn't work!

ILoveAFullFridge Sat 14-Sep-13 23:53:39

Was looking at one in Decathlon the other day. Unimpressed. Would want to see one fully pitched outdoors on a windy day before I considered buying it. Also not hugely roomy.

If you want a quick and easy tent, get a Quechua pop-up. (Dreadful name: Seconds. No doubt the Spanish word for seconds does not have the same dual meaning.)

nobodysfool Sat 14-Sep-13 23:41:57

Marmite- did you happen to see the make if it as in looking to get one and shall avoid it wink

marmiteandhoney Sat 14-Sep-13 22:10:22

We were camped next to one this summer. It was awful. Poor people camping in it got no sleep, and had to hold it up all night. Granted, we were in Wales, on a hillside, with gusts of 30/40, but surely it should be able to cope with a bit of bad weather? The inflatable poles just kept collapsing on them. Not impressed.

misdee Sat 14-Sep-13 18:41:02

ok, I don't need it, as I have a 5m soulpad which I can pitch on my own whilst the kids run off and hubby is at work. but for a longer break I would love more space.

misdee Sat 14-Sep-13 18:26:04

I neeeeeed one!!!

vango airbeam inparticular!

lisad123everybodydancenow Sat 14-Sep-13 18:07:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now