Fridge recommendation

(5 Posts)
RhubarbCrumbled Wed 11-Sep-13 15:26:55

I'm upgrading the camping kit over the winter and am in the market for a fridge! I'm very excited about cool wine keeping food fresh.

Can anyone recommend a good fridge? We have EHU, a 12v battery and gas available.

LondonSuperTrooper Wed 11-Sep-13 19:32:10

Watching this thread with an interest...I'm also thinking of getting a fridge smile

Oblomov Wed 11-Sep-13 19:51:35

Just bought a Halfords 40 litre coolbox , from eBay. Halfords don't sell it anymore, but v good reviews. There are used and new ones on eBay.
Returned from camping last week. 2 different friends had this one.
Fill it at home. Milk and something to make the first meal out of, for example. Extension lead that plugs into your car cigarette lighter, so keeps it cool , whilst driving , on way down to campsite.
Then, when you get there, it has a different extension lead, normal plug, so plug into your electric hook up.
Both friends said it was fab. Good for storing that extra bottle of wine!!
Can't wait to start using ours.

We used a coolbox but upgraded to a table top fridge as we found we didn't have enough space for all our wine and beer food. Would really recommend this as although bulky, can be filled when travelling.

LifeofPo Thu 12-Sep-13 19:15:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now