Bell tenters- what do you use for a carpet?

(13 Posts)
lisad123everybodydancenow Thu 05-Sep-13 23:25:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pimpf Thu 05-Sep-13 19:47:29

grin

nobodysfool Wed 04-Sep-13 20:08:07

Behave you two! I like a warm cosy tent and I wont apologise for liking that! grin

Pimpf Tue 03-Sep-13 21:55:59

Curtains and sofa, now you're being silly grin

Blimey. A carpet for a tent? grin

We have a bell tent. Hasn't got a carpet. Nor curtains for that matter, and definitely not sofas!!

Pimpf Fri 30-Aug-13 20:40:23

Ebay even!

Pimpf Fri 30-Aug-13 20:40:13

We use our old outwell Hartford XXL carpet, they don't make them anymore but you can always look on evay

SalomeD Mon 26-Aug-13 20:14:33

I bought some chenille upholstery fabric from eBay. It's certainly thick enough for us and the anti-fire backing is slightly rubbery so it sticks to the groundsheet and doesn't ruck up like rugs do.

Rooners Mon 26-Aug-13 18:23:55

Well I looked at the coir and it seems it's HUGE to get into a car, so that won't do for us with our tiny car.

I took a lot of rag rugs, that I got from ebay years ago - they are really cheap, very light, take up very little space. Lovely colours.

You need a fair few though and they do tend to ruckle up. But they are nice and stop it getting too messy as you can shake them.

Sunshinenow Mon 26-Aug-13 18:20:22

How about getting the largest tent carpet you can find. Look up monstrous 12 berth tents!

Then trim down to fit the bell tent.

LazyMonkeyButler Mon 26-Aug-13 18:15:35

Watching with interest - I have never heard of a carpet in a tent before!

We have a groundsheet confused.

nobodysfool Mon 26-Aug-13 18:13:14

Shameless bump.

nobodysfool Sun 25-Aug-13 22:50:09

I don't like the scratchy coir ones they sell for the bell tents and can't have loads of picnic rugs/blankets on the floor as I have THE most clumsy sons who will trip up on them.
Any ideas which tents if any have a carpet that would fit?I believe 2 semi circles carpets velcro-ed together would work better which wouldnt be a problem making them as I have a sewing machine.....any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now