Campsite within 3 hrs of Calais

(11 Posts)
kimberlina Tue 20-Aug-13 18:20:30

Can anyone recommend one nice enough to stay a week, things nearby to do with a toddler and fairly quiet and French. Ideally I don't want to drive for hours once I'm off the ferry

MrsFrederickWentworth Tue 20-Aug-13 23:11:24

Yes but I can't recall what it's called! Something like Treignecourt.

Euroccamp and keycamp are both there. It's just by st valery sur somme. It is based round a 19c chateau and has a toddler pool. St valery has sandy beaches and good restaurants.

It is a v v easy drive from calais, first to boulogne then on for about an hour and a half.

There are a couple of campsites near there that friends have tried and like. It's not exciting or glitzy.

You can take the little tourist train round the baie if the somme.

GobbySadcase Tue 20-Aug-13 23:12:28

Des 4 Vents

MrsFrederickWentworth Tue 20-Aug-13 23:48:16

Trelincourt?

Blu Wed 21-Aug-13 13:57:46
MummyPigsFatTummy Wed 21-Aug-13 14:42:06

If it is Chateau de Drancourt, we have been there and it was great, certainly for a small child having both a toddler pool and a warmed indoor pool which our DD preferred to the cold outdoor ones. There is a small playground (not exciting for older children but fine for the little ones) and small ponies appeared to feature from time to time.

The people at Reception were very helpful and moved us when we didn't like our pitch. My only comment would be do not eat from the takeaway - the pizzas were awful. I don't know about the restaurant as we didn't go there.

The surrounding area is nice too and you are not far away from Le Touquet which is a lovely town.

belleshell Wed 21-Aug-13 15:05:48

http://www.chateau-gandspette.com/

this is about a 20 min drive, very French, they do a kids club (just check if its seasonal) we have stayed here twice, there is a theme park u can drive to its about 40 mns away, and its very different to any I have been to before ........

alternatively there is
http://www.la-croix-du-vieux-pont.com/uk/index.html

fab again for little ones, about a 2 hour drive

Blu Wed 21-Aug-13 15:08:03

We went there too - I won a week in one of the caravans through a MN comp smile. You can book rides on the ponies, or just pat them when they are grazing on the lawn. Go-Karts were also available for hire, and there was a mini golf course.

The area was lovely - St Valery is a v picturesque little town, with a good tourist info office, a couple of market days, a couple of excellent patisseries. There is a steam train that goes round the bay to a neighbouring seaside town - a great trip for toddlers.

I have seen the Dunes site at Dunkirk ' Gravelines recommended here, too, but I have not been.

kimberlina Wed 21-Aug-13 23:46:08

Lots of ideas. Thanks. Will have a look through now smile

MrsFrederickWentworth Thu 22-Aug-13 23:52:08

Yes, I'm sure that was it. Sorry not to recall name.

Actually, we took a 9 and 10 yo there and they loved having the freedom even to go to buy the grotty pizzas( which we did not eat). One of our most relaxing holidays ever.

millimat Sat 24-Aug-13 20:34:58

Just spent a couple of days at chateau de gandspette but sorry wouldn't recommend for the money. Nothing bad, but to me its pricey for what you get €50 a night for 4 of us and our caravan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now