Best Anglesey campsite?

(11 Posts)
LakeFlyPie Sun 18-Aug-13 20:55:56

Heading to N Wales tomorrow and planning to go to Anglesey after BH weekend.
Would like a peaceful and fairly basic site (camper van and 2 DC under 5)
TIAsmile

PilchardsonToast Mon 19-Aug-13 11:20:46

Last summer we camped at moelfre it was lovely, big but basic site with direct beach access - I shall be back in a sec with the name

PilchardsonToast Mon 19-Aug-13 11:23:43

www.lligwybeachcampsite.co.uk/

Don't be put off by all the rules it was actually pretty relaxed when we got theregrin

serin Tue 20-Aug-13 21:08:09

tyddyn isaf

Can highly recommend

We couldn't get on there so are at st David's bay this weekend.
Have camped at home farm which is also a good site

busyboysmum Tue 20-Aug-13 21:56:02

This one is next to newborough beach which is gorgeous www.awelfryn.co.uk/ I haven't stayed here bit SIL was there last weekend

Lucycat Wed 21-Aug-13 11:24:35

Also close to Newborough are White Lodge and Fron - nice café at White Lodge and stunning views across to Snowdonia.

belleshell Wed 21-Aug-13 15:19:05

Home farm, is fabulous, nice walk to beach, playground on site, I think there is an indoor kids play area too, been a while since ive been..

LakeFlyPie Thu 22-Aug-13 21:21:37

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. Managed to book a pitch at Dafarn Rhos but will make a note of others for future trips. We've enjoyed a fantastic stay at Aberafon, absolutely beautiful place and lovely, friendly owners, highly recommend it smile

On our way now just passing Colwyn Bay! Blinking raining though- anyone on Anglesey at the mo who can reassure me I won't be pitching the tent in the pissing rain??!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now