Best Camping Kit: your recommendations (& tips) please!

(27 Posts)
RegainingUnconsciousness Sat 17-Aug-13 17:02:45

Hello! Having seen what a massive stash of tents people here have, I can only assume that you've got a similar pile of other camping kit.

We need to replace a few bits, can you recommend your best products, and share any other tips please.

(We used to be very good at fast & light camping before DS arrived. We're now all about comfort in a massive tent!)

We need:
- a new mat: we did have a wide airic (alpkit's old double thermarest type thing. It's sprung a mysterious leak.
- a new double sleeping bag. We've got lush down mummy bags that zip together, but we'd like a big old square thing for a bit more comfort.
- cooker - we've got a collection of little stoves, but have been thinking (for a long time) about the campingaz range thing with 2 jobs and a grill. Anyone got this and recommend it?

Also - I only recently started taking a pillow camping, and was actually comfortable for the first time in years! I don't even use a pillow at home so I was amazed at the difference it made. Are there any other tricks I'm missing?

Thanks grin

TheSecondComing Mon 26-Aug-13 00:44:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ViviPru Mon 26-Aug-13 20:10:12

Got this Coleman Instant Shelter and used for the first time this weekend. The weather was biblical, it pissed it down relentlessly for over 24 hours straight, and other than a couple of drips here and there (it only claims to be showerproof after all) we'd have been lost without it. Thoroughly recommend, folds up small and an incredible deal with speedy free delivery from Marshalls too. (It's even cheaper at Go Outdoors but v. limited stock)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now