Next week is awash with golden suns..

(60 Posts)
Gracie990 Sat 17-Aug-13 08:03:26

Anyone lucky enough to be away?

ImpatientOne Mon 26-Aug-13 21:31:44

Home and almost unpacked from 3 nights in our new tent in the Yorkshire Dales grin

Friday night hurled it down which was pretty scary when we'd quite quickly thrown the tent up before the rain but thankfully we stayed dry! The portable urinal that my DH had scoffed at also came in very handy shock

Sunday & Monday were scorchers so the tent had plenty of time to get dry. I should also say a huge thank you to the camping boards of Mumsnet for introducing me to the invaluable nature of the tent footprint - it is quite possibly the best £18 I have ever spent! grin

WhoNickedMyName Sun 25-Aug-13 17:29:11

We're home from a beautiful week at Ladram Bay in Devon. Our first four days were very hot and sunny, actually after a couple of hours on the beach I had to go and find some shade. Last two days were overcast but still warm enough for shorts and tshirt. Devon is just stunning, we will definitely go back.

CMOTDibbler Fri 23-Aug-13 18:11:23

Just back from a glorious 4 nights at St Mabyn. Couldn't have asked for better weather, and the campsite was fabulous

Pixel Wed 21-Aug-13 23:15:24

Well we've had a lovely sunny few days and thought we were going to finally manage a dry camping holiday. Now sitting here listening to the rain and wishing we were a bit nearer the toilet blockgrin.

devilinside Wed 21-Aug-13 10:48:57

we're off to Brittany on Fri, weather looks similar to the south of England, couple of degrees warmer.

ViviPru Wed 21-Aug-13 09:49:14

Yay we're off to Bedgebury on Friday - warm but a few showers, should be ok. Looking forward to trying out our new moons - I might pack a couple of sheepskins to whack on them too...

Gower on my list for next year - let me know any good sites

Sconset Tue 20-Aug-13 23:30:03

Ooh- Anglesey a fair drive, I'm afraid... we're in Bham!
We'll probably head to Norfolk or Gower- love both coasts!

MissWimpyDimple Tue 20-Aug-13 16:52:33

We are going to try sumners ponds in sussex :-)

hazeyjane Tue 20-Aug-13 15:39:24

Oooh, we might bump into each other!

It's actually a fairly robust buggy with big tyres at the back, but I think we'll stick our old mountain buggy in, because dh is worried that we'll need to bring a bus to fit everything in!

Just did a camping shop - I had lots of looks of sympathy with my trolley full of chocolate and wine, with 3 children in tow, truly the shopping trolley of the harassed mother.

Sconset how far are you from Anglesey?

SparkyUK Tue 20-Aug-13 15:19:43

I thought everywhere appeared to be having rain on Saturday. Am I missing something or do I just look at the wrong weather reports confused

Let me know where the sun is and I'm going to try to find last minute availability to try out my new tent. Don't need much, just a level field and a tap and preferably a toilet. But I don't really fancy booking last minute to sit in a wet field. hmm. In London, but willing to travel quite far.

wickeddevil Tue 20-Aug-13 14:08:32

Another one for the new forest. Shall I wear a scarf?

TheSecondComing Tue 20-Aug-13 14:06:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hazeyjane Tue 20-Aug-13 12:41:09

We are off to Eweleaze on Thurs, can't wait!

My only worry is that I'd like to take ds's new sn buggy, but can't remember how bumpy ground is!

Sconset Tue 20-Aug-13 11:30:28

aw, I love eweleaze, just too far for a short trip, and they're not open after BH this year sad
I want to go somewhere 29/30/31/1st... but no idea where. Suggestions for nice beachy sites anyone?
We're in midlands... so everywhere is bloody miles away!

I have a 7yoand a 4yo... they're happpy to play and eat all day

TheSecondComing Tue 20-Aug-13 11:12:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ImpatientOne Mon 19-Aug-13 11:37:28

Just booked a pitch for the weekend! Overexcited and distracted now!

Just a lovely simple campsite for me and DH, spoke with the lady on the phone who took my booking - first name only and pay in cash when we get there smile

Looking forward to chilling out reading eating, drinking and looking at some hills while DH goes off on his bike grin

MummyPigsFatTummy Mon 19-Aug-13 11:36:40

Those of you coming to Eweleaze, the weather is beautiful atm
we have been dog walking this morning. The kids loved that. Indoor and outdoor hay bales are way better than soft play and jumping off the pontoon into the sea is a blast too. Best 5 days our DD(3.9) has had ever. And the weather looks great for the rest of the week. :-)

We are off to Cornwall on Friday for a week. Really hoping we get dry if not sunnyt sunny would be too much to hope for!

Happypiglet Mon 19-Aug-13 07:08:05

We are off to Low Wray on shore of Lake Windemere on Weds for five nights. Weather looks good not as hot as here in SE but sunny....never camped in the Lakes in the sun before!

Gracie990 Mon 19-Aug-13 07:01:18

My pleasure :-) I have found it spot on all summer. predicting rain for our last camp of the year in sept

NonnyMuss Sun 18-Aug-13 23:48:53

Camusdarach grin grin grin grin grin

Thank you Gracie for accuweather. DD1 and I are camping at Blair Horse Trials next weekend - I'm now very excited at the prospect of dry weather grin

womma Sun 18-Aug-13 22:56:57

Yay! We're off to Eweleaze tomorrow, till Wednesday. Really hope it's dry, we inherited a tent and have only
just checked it...it's a weeny bit decrepit.

So if you see a family of three in a tent that looks like we got in a garage sale at a refugee camp, come and say hello

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now