Next week is awash with golden suns..

(60 Posts)
Gracie990 Sat 17-Aug-13 08:03:26

Anyone lucky enough to be away?

hazeyjane Tue 20-Aug-13 15:39:24

Oooh, we might bump into each other!

It's actually a fairly robust buggy with big tyres at the back, but I think we'll stick our old mountain buggy in, because dh is worried that we'll need to bring a bus to fit everything in!

Just did a camping shop - I had lots of looks of sympathy with my trolley full of chocolate and wine, with 3 children in tow, truly the shopping trolley of the harassed mother.

MissWimpyDimple Tue 20-Aug-13 16:52:33

We are going to try sumners ponds in sussex :-)

Sconset Tue 20-Aug-13 23:30:03

Ooh- Anglesey a fair drive, I'm afraid... we're in Bham!
We'll probably head to Norfolk or Gower- love both coasts!

Gower on my list for next year - let me know any good sites

ViviPru Wed 21-Aug-13 09:49:14

Yay we're off to Bedgebury on Friday - warm but a few showers, should be ok. Looking forward to trying out our new moons - I might pack a couple of sheepskins to whack on them too...

devilinside Wed 21-Aug-13 10:48:57

we're off to Brittany on Fri, weather looks similar to the south of England, couple of degrees warmer.

Pixel Wed 21-Aug-13 23:15:24

Well we've had a lovely sunny few days and thought we were going to finally manage a dry camping holiday. Now sitting here listening to the rain and wishing we were a bit nearer the toilet blockgrin.

CMOTDibbler Fri 23-Aug-13 18:11:23

Just back from a glorious 4 nights at St Mabyn. Couldn't have asked for better weather, and the campsite was fabulous

WhoNickedMyName Sun 25-Aug-13 17:29:11

We're home from a beautiful week at Ladram Bay in Devon. Our first four days were very hot and sunny, actually after a couple of hours on the beach I had to go and find some shade. Last two days were overcast but still warm enough for shorts and tshirt. Devon is just stunning, we will definitely go back.

ImpatientOne Mon 26-Aug-13 21:31:44

Home and almost unpacked from 3 nights in our new tent in the Yorkshire Dales grin

Friday night hurled it down which was pretty scary when we'd quite quickly thrown the tent up before the rain but thankfully we stayed dry! The portable urinal that my DH had scoffed at also came in very handy shock

Sunday & Monday were scorchers so the tent had plenty of time to get dry. I should also say a huge thank you to the camping boards of Mumsnet for introducing me to the invaluable nature of the tent footprint - it is quite possibly the best £18 I have ever spent! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now