Next week is awash with golden suns..

(60 Posts)
Gracie990 Sat 17-Aug-13 08:03:26

Anyone lucky enough to be away?

TheSecondComing Sun 18-Aug-13 11:03:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EasyMark Sun 18-Aug-13 13:00:36

To the people going to the New Forest, what are your plans for the week? What do you reccommend we visite when there?

We have a 4yo boy and a 1.5 yo girl!

We have tickets to peppa pig world and then 3 days to fill grin

AngelsWithSilverWings Sun 18-Aug-13 13:16:16

Never been before friends have suggested a couple of places to go in The New Forest.

We are planning to visit Moors Valley Country park one day, do a day of cycling around another day and then a visit to Lymington on our last day.

Going to avoid Peppa Pig world and hope there are not too many signs advertising it's existence to our 5 year old!

TheSecondComing Sun 18-Aug-13 16:16:42

EasyMark The Dorset heavy horse farm park is great for pre-schoolers. Our dd groomed a tiny pony and drove a real tractor (with the farm lady driving it really!). It was cheap as well compared to PP world and we thought it was great.

www.dorset-heavy-horse-centre.co.uk/

Just back from Delamere Forest for the weekend and off to Red Wharf Bay on Anglesey for Bank Holiday Weekend. Just debating whether to stay an extra night and travel back Tues night

Loolah Sun 18-Aug-13 20:16:18

Off to woodlands in Devon for 7 days on Saturday and I'm hoping the weather is dry for pitching the tent that is all I'm asking for smile

Ineedmorepatience Sun 18-Aug-13 22:23:13

I still have 2 trips planned and am so excited at the prospect of some decent weather.

I am off to wales for the bank hol and then the end of cornwall for the last bit of the school hols. We are lucky and dont go back until the 5th so have squeezed an extra camp in.

Have had the best summer of camping ever smile

Oh I hope the sun comes back to Lancashire!!

We had a really hot week here, second and third week in July. Then we went to Rhodes, Greece where the temperatures were soaring higher and higher everyday. Came home (sulking and with bad holiday blues LOL) on the 7th August and every day since then we have had rain. So piggin' depressing.

Im sure it was always hot in the Summer when I was a kid hmm

Gracie990 Sun 18-Aug-13 22:34:50

Check out accuweather, they do long range forecasts. Each day for a month.

So far they been spot on.

womma Sun 18-Aug-13 22:56:57

Yay! We're off to Eweleaze tomorrow, till Wednesday. Really hope it's dry, we inherited a tent and have only
just checked it...it's a weeny bit decrepit.

So if you see a family of three in a tent that looks like we got in a garage sale at a refugee camp, come and say hello

Thank you Gracie for accuweather. DD1 and I are camping at Blair Horse Trials next weekend - I'm now very excited at the prospect of dry weather grin

NonnyMuss Sun 18-Aug-13 23:48:53

Camusdarach grin grin grin grin grin

Gracie990 Mon 19-Aug-13 07:01:18

My pleasure :-) I have found it spot on all summer. predicting rain for our last camp of the year in sept

Happypiglet Mon 19-Aug-13 07:08:05

We are off to Low Wray on shore of Lake Windemere on Weds for five nights. Weather looks good not as hot as here in SE but sunny....never camped in the Lakes in the sun before!

We are off to Cornwall on Friday for a week. Really hoping we get dry if not sunnyt sunny would be too much to hope for!

MummyPigsFatTummy Mon 19-Aug-13 11:36:40

Those of you coming to Eweleaze, the weather is beautiful atm
we have been dog walking this morning. The kids loved that. Indoor and outdoor hay bales are way better than soft play and jumping off the pontoon into the sea is a blast too. Best 5 days our DD(3.9) has had ever. And the weather looks great for the rest of the week. :-)

ImpatientOne Mon 19-Aug-13 11:37:28

Just booked a pitch for the weekend! Overexcited and distracted now!

Just a lovely simple campsite for me and DH, spoke with the lady on the phone who took my booking - first name only and pay in cash when we get there smile

Looking forward to chilling out reading eating, drinking and looking at some hills while DH goes off on his bike grin

TheSecondComing Tue 20-Aug-13 11:12:08

Sconset Tue 20-Aug-13 11:30:28

aw, I love eweleaze, just too far for a short trip, and they're not open after BH this year sad
I want to go somewhere 29/30/31/1st... but no idea where. Suggestions for nice beachy sites anyone?
We're in midlands... so everywhere is bloody miles away!

I have a 7yoand a 4yo... they're happpy to play and eat all day

hazeyjane Tue 20-Aug-13 12:41:09

We are off to Eweleaze on Thurs, can't wait!

My only worry is that I'd like to take ds's new sn buggy, but can't remember how bumpy ground is!

TheSecondComing Tue 20-Aug-13 14:06:16

wickeddevil Tue 20-Aug-13 14:08:32

Another one for the new forest. Shall I wear a scarf?

SparkyUK Tue 20-Aug-13 15:19:43

I thought everywhere appeared to be having rain on Saturday. Am I missing something or do I just look at the wrong weather reports confused

Let me know where the sun is and I'm going to try to find last minute availability to try out my new tent. Don't need much, just a level field and a tap and preferably a toilet. But I don't really fancy booking last minute to sit in a wet field. hmm. In London, but willing to travel quite far.

Sconset how far are you from Anglesey?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now