Should I go tomorrow?

(12 Posts)
pinklady1107 Sat 27-Jul-13 23:00:40

With the weather forecast is camping alone with two little ones my brightest idea?

Am really undecided whether to go or not hmm

Help!

I go with my 2 sons on my own. In some ways weather matters less with just the 3 of us because they are just as happy to sit and play in the tent. So as long as you take stuff to amuse them and you're not travelling miles from home I'd go (although not seen your forecast - I might advise differently if a foot of rain is meant to fall!)

reelingintheyears Sun 28-Jul-13 00:45:18

We're going on Wednesday. hmm grin

LynetteScavo England Sun 28-Jul-13 00:48:27

Depends how much you like the rain. grin

cece Sun 28-Jul-13 07:36:35

I'm going tomorrow - on my own with 3dc.

pinklady1107 Sun 28-Jul-13 07:43:40

Going to Tenby 300 miles from home. Been awake worrying all night hmm

cece Sun 28-Jul-13 07:48:54

My friend is in Tenby at the moment. Judging by the photos on FB the weather has been lovely.

AnnaFiveTowns Sun 28-Jul-13 07:54:25

Could you not go later in the week? Weather looks like it's picking up a bit there on Thursday. I always have the same dilemma. We went to Tenby last summer and the forecast was horrendous but the weather ended up being a mixed bag. Our kids love rock pooling, even in the rain and they still enjoyed it but I was knackered as the howling wind and rain kept me from sleeping. Kids slept right through it though!

Which campsite are you on?

AnnaFiveTowns Sun 28-Jul-13 07:56:49

The weather forecasts are often wrong. We were there last week and some days the weather on my phone said thundery showers but we didn't see a drop of rain all week. Fingers crossed for you if you do go!

hillbilly Mon 29-Jul-13 07:27:00

Pinklady- I'm in Tenby at the moment albeit not camping. Mixed weather but lovely all the same. Hope you have a great time!

AnnaFiveTowns Mon 29-Jul-13 22:09:42

Well, Pinklady, did you go in the end or not?

hillbilly Sun 04-Aug-13 22:18:33

I have just got back from Tenby yesterday and the weather was lovely. there were definitely a fair amount of showers but not as bad as forecast. I wasn't camping however and actually very glad not to be as I'm a fairweather camper!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now