Campsites that provide furniture? (West France)

(14 Posts)
Waswondering Mon 29-Jul-13 13:50:24

It was, and there was a lot to do on site .... There are lots of threads about it in here. It made a huge difference to us to not take any furniture. Having a fridge made a massive difference too. It was our first time taking the tent to France and going solo .... The pitches were huge with drinking water at all the taps too.

Good luck in your search!

Okker Mon 29-Jul-13 10:33:29

Waswondering, that place looks fab..bet you had a great time!. Fair play to you, Munashe...that's what my car is like on a usual day smile
The main thing I am worried about is clogging up the car with fold up furniture and having no room for the stash on the way home!

Munashe Mon 29-Jul-13 00:07:28

...and for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) be prepared to pay 60 euros+ a night for a premium pitch in high season at Castels.

We were on the bog standard pitch though and I managed to fit everything necessary including folding chairs in our Fiesta. Yep 2 adults and 2 kids with military planning it can be done. Kids sitting on top of duvets, suitcases in the middle row etc. That is where the camping fun begins smile

Munashe Sun 28-Jul-13 23:57:32

yep most 5* Castels sites have a premium pitch. We were at one in Normandy.

Waswondering Sun 28-Jul-13 22:09:17

(la G is a castels site too, owner run, and the owners are very present. It feels like you are guests in their garden! smile)

Waswondering Sun 28-Jul-13 22:08:16

Just back from La Garangeoire in the vendee. We missed out on a premium pitch but were able to hire a full fridge, plus table, parasol and 6 chairs separately. They loaned us an electric cable too for a 20E deposit (we did need to buy a French to british adapter plug in the nearby Super U, so that the fridge would work with our UK multi socket thing .... we were glad to get that!!) We had no roof box etc and travelled reasonably lightly. Have a great holiday!

Okker Sun 28-Jul-13 08:26:53

Thanks LittleEsme & Shirazplease!..I'm in work today so I can spend the morning checking out the Castels website. I'm impressed so far smile

shirazplease Sat 27-Jul-13 21:34:05

We're staying at Domaine des Forges (Vendee) which used to be a Castels site. For a little extra we have a 'premium' pitch which has wifi (most nb!) a bbq, Sunloungers, table and chairs.

Sounds like it might be what you're after?

LittleEsme Sat 27-Jul-13 21:14:05

Okker - Castels sites have a premium pitch that provide patio tables and chairs and a couple of recliners too, I think. Part of the deal is a bbq too. There are loads of their sites around France.

Okker Sat 27-Jul-13 18:24:50

Nice one, YellowDinosaur!!

No idea about campsites providing furniture but I do know a bit about teeny tiny chairs which might fit in your car if that was any use to you - check out this!

Okker Sat 27-Jul-13 15:42:15

Hi Sparky!

Yes, that's what I meant..just the outdoor chairs & table!. I'll check out the indigo sites now. Thanks!

SparkyUK Sat 27-Jul-13 15:36:08

I'm not sure which furniture you mean - just the outside stuff? I'm sure I saw some -- maybe the indigo sites in vendee -- where the pitches came with picnic table and bench. But I don't know about inside stuff if you are bringing your own tent.

Okker Sat 27-Jul-13 15:29:08

I've been lurking here for a long time and finally took the plunge and registered today..so I can pester you all with my novice camping questions!
We are planning our first 'real' camping trip to France and the only problem is the size of my car (it's a teeny weeny Kia Picanto). We've been to France a few times before and it's been a tight squeeze with just the bags...so it will take military planning to get the camping gear squashed in.
Anyhow!..I was wondering if you knew of any kid friendly campsites along the west cost of France that provide the garden furniture?. Or am I dreaming?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now