Daft question, what do I need?

(6 Posts)
shockers Sun 28-Jul-13 18:42:42

Why, thank you Snoopy!

SnoopyLovesYou Fri 26-Jul-13 02:28:38

Well done shockers. That is a great list and has inspired me!

shockers Thu 25-Jul-13 18:00:21

*repellent!

shockers Thu 25-Jul-13 17:59:24

Cooker and gas, utensils, crockery (plastic or enamel), cutlery, table and chairs, one of those wind into the ground stakes to keep the dog tethered, dog bowls/food, water carrier (we use a big bottle and keep filling it, as I like it to be fairly fresh), citronella candles and repellant (I was feasted on by midges last night whilst camping), torch/lantern, travel cot/bedding, really good coolbox or car fridge in this weather, something to put your cooker on and possibly a tarp and windbreak to act as a kitchen area (don't cook in your tent).

There's probably more.... oh yes, try to borrow an electric pump for your airbed.

I blimmin love camping! Where are you going?

Green18 Thu 25-Jul-13 17:52:45

Hi, I was a novice camper a couple of years ago. Our children are older(8 and 12) so slightly different. Great that you are breastfeeding as so convenient. If you plan to cook you need a ring burner with gas cylinder and or a bbq, plates(pref. plastic), cups, utensils etc. Always handy to bring a cool box/bag with basics like eggs, bacon, milk, tea/coffee etc. A saucepan can double as a kettle, but a frying pan is handy. Don't need to buy, just bring from home. A foldaway garden table is handy too so that you can cook/eat at a reasonable height.On the other hand, some sites sell food or have a cafe so you won't need to worry about that with a baby on board.Just find a nice local pub for dinner and grab some lunch when you are out and about. Enjoy it!

Doodlekitty Thu 25-Jul-13 17:44:15

I'm going camping for a weekend with DH, dog and 8 month old dc. We have a tent, adult sleeping bags, and probably an air bed. I am by no means a camper but have been camping, but always in circumstances where others have sorted food etc so I have no equipment for that. Baby is breasfed so sterilising not an issue. So, what should I be beg, borrow, steal, buying?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now