Not liking the look of the weather forecast for next week :(

(20 Posts)
Ledkr Spain Sun 28-Jul-13 07:58:39

We are in France too but we do sleep in a small camper van so not bothered about that but awnings aren't great with heavy rain. We are putting it up today so going to make sure it's taught and as watertight as possible.
We have had such a crap few weeks that I am going to do my best to be positive and make the best if it for the dc.
Disaster last night was realising I've packed the wrong charger for DVD player so my rainy weather plan is fooled.
At least I'm not having diaoreah in a service station like Friday night tho hmm

We're planning for a couple of nights midweek and the forecast is mixed.

Kahlua4me Sat 27-Jul-13 22:30:46

We are in France at the moment. For the last 2 nights we have had storms like you wouldn't believe.
I don't think anyone has slept much, except for my dh! The first night between the thunder and rain we couldn't hear each other shouting, whilst trying to decide if we should decamp to the car.
It has been very hot and sunny during the day and then the thunder starts about 1 am.
All last night I was wishing we were simply suffering the constant rain of Devon!

MinimalistMommi Sat 27-Jul-13 07:58:47

Next week still looks shitty sad I think I need to come to terms with the fact I will not be camping next week sad I'm hoping some dry weather can come back so we can go....

AngryFeet Fri 26-Jul-13 14:55:32

Tomorrow looks bad sad Oh well we will just have to get on with it and hope the trees provide a little shelter. Never put the tent up in torrential rain before. Should be interesting...

NigelMolesworth Thu 25-Jul-13 09:08:58

Monkey - for us it depends on how cold I think it's going to be. If it's still warm and you have shorts on, we don't bother with the trousers. If jeans, then waterproof trousers. One holiday we were so cold we put them on for extra warmth even though it wasn't raining!

monkeytennismum Thu 25-Jul-13 08:23:40

Am gutted. Can I ask, do you bother with waterproof trousers, or is macs and wellies enough?

Pixel Wed 24-Jul-13 23:57:37

Argh! New Forest next week. Please don't rain, I will cry. I thought we were going to have a camping holiday without rain for the first time ever.

YoungJoseph Wed 24-Jul-13 22:04:26

Again will console myself with 'at least don't need to worry about sunburn'

YoungJoseph Wed 24-Jul-13 22:03:06

Going on 4th August, so still time for the forecast to change hmm.

NigelMolesworth Wed 24-Jul-13 22:01:50

Yup wellies and cagoules on the packing list! Have discussed which board games we'll be taking (quick game of Pop to the Shops anyone?!) and am now wondering whether gluing and sticking can reasonably be done in a tent? grin

AngryFeet Wed 24-Jul-13 22:00:28

We are going this Sat through to weds and weather looks rubbish sad Better dig our macs out. Went this time last year and it was sunshine for 5 days.

Ledkr Spain Wed 24-Jul-13 21:57:32

At least we are prepared. I've packed macs n brolleys extra games n DVDs

hillbilly Wed 24-Jul-13 21:53:33

Don't be too despondent! It might not be so bad.

YoungJoseph Wed 24-Jul-13 21:53:31

And us! Knew this would happen. Will be weather watching for next few days.

NigelMolesworth Wed 24-Jul-13 21:53:10

Yes we're camping too. South coast for 2 weeks. We've not yet managed a holiday without pouring rain so when I saw the forecast I was pretty resigned to it. Gah.

Ledkr Spain Wed 24-Jul-13 21:50:51

Us too. Decided not to go down south (France) due to nice weather so Brittany it is this weather same as uk hmm

cece Wed 24-Jul-13 21:44:43

Oh no I have just booked 4 nights away Mon-Fri for next week in Somerset!

Springcleanish Wed 24-Jul-13 21:28:04

Yep! I'm hoping the new tent doesn't leak!

FourArms Wed 24-Jul-13 21:25:03

So gutted after all the sun we've had. Looks like we're going to have two weeks of light and heavy rain. Anyone else camping next week?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now