Thrifty Camping.

(11 Posts)
issyocean Thu 25-Jul-13 20:25:46

oooh thanks troutsprout

troutsprout Thu 25-Jul-13 08:31:43

God I am so jealous ( am missing my Cornwall fix)

troutsprout Thu 25-Jul-13 08:31:05

We stay near Numphra Downs Farm most years ( not this year though). It is such a fab location! I've always fancied it. Dh not so keen though and ds is grumpy teen and wants all mod cons
Get the local bus! ...it's open top in summer. It stops outside the campsite ( and just about everywhere else too! and twists and winds its way all along the coast road... You can see so much more of the landscape ... And the locals on it are really friendly. Also the driver stops at the chippy on the way back.:-)

issyocean Wed 24-Jul-13 19:42:32

Yes I am sure Numphra Downs is going to be an adventure grin but at least there is the barn to play in if the weather turns.

hz Wed 24-Jul-13 19:30:30

Have seen Numphra Downs before, facilities a little too basic for me for more than a couple of nights camping, great location though! Pure Camping looks very nice, though I am always a bit put off by communal fires - not because I am very antisocial but because we cook our dinner on the fire which could be a bit awkward! Both are proper camping though so it will undoubtedly be great! Have fun!

They sound like exactly my cup of tea. Sadly not dh and given that I live in the north east a bit far for me to trek with the boys for a weekend on our own....

issyocean Wed 24-Jul-13 18:51:17

here and here

issyocean Wed 24-Jul-13 18:40:23

Sure, Numphra Downs Farm in Cornwall and Pure Camping in Devon - there are more than you think out there but these are a two we chose grin

hz Wed 24-Jul-13 18:40:04

Would love to hear where you found. Most sites I go to are as you describe but sometimes they are still pricey, so where are you going?

bobblypop Wed 24-Jul-13 18:34:42

would you mind sharing where?
I am on a tight budget and looking to go to Devon/Cornwall but as there are 8 of us in our family (2 adults and 6dc) plus 2 dogs it usually adds up to quite a bit!

issyocean Wed 24-Jul-13 18:04:48

After getting completely pissed off with sites that charge per tent/person/awning/pup tent/dog ect,pack you in like sardines and have lists of rules an arm long,I have done some research and booked 5 days in Cornwall and 4 in Devon for £10 a night for a all of us.Myself H and D.

They are basic semi wild type of places with camp fires and errr "interesting toilets". One even has a hot tub (if you light a fire under it grin

Simple,natural with loads of space for D to explore - I can't wait!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now