First camping trip with 2DC ... and time to pack!

(4 Posts)
OohMrDarcy Fri 19-Jul-13 20:24:31

DH and I have always camped together, we love it, we went once when DD was about 7 months too - which was lovely, then the following year we got married so no camping, and the year after I was pregnant again so no camping etc etc

so now I have 2DC - DD (6.5) and DS (3.5) we have decided we are camping this year.... twice it seems! Two seperate weeks in cornwall at the start and end of the holidays - and I can't wait grin They love cornwall and still remember our trip last year (holiday park) so are looking forward to it too

How can I make sure the trip goes as smoothly as possible..?? So far I am basically trying to account for any weather conditions! Before the heatwave started I got them both new wellies and rainsuits, now they have new westuits too

also got everyone thin fleeces for of an evening, and planning on onesies for bed for them - as well as taking a handful of books / toy cars/ colouring bits

we are planning on hitting the beach as much as humanly possible as they loved that about our trip last year, this time we won't even need the car to get to the beach!

What do I need to pack for a first proper FAMILY camping holiday?

TIA

DearPrudence Fri 19-Jul-13 20:56:25

Big blankets for sitting out at night.
Torches/lanterns and spare batteries
Stackable crates for food/coats/shoes etc
A radio.
Wine.

OohMrDarcy Sat 20-Jul-13 09:10:26

stacking crates..... very good thinking! We have one, off the buy a couple more! smile

we have a couple of fleecy blankets and lots of torches too

what do we do about nighttime wees? DS in a pullup at night, was going to take his potty for first thing..... what about DD ? Guess I will have to tell her to wake me up

Wine..... definitely won't be forgotten! !

What do you do about bedtime s too? We have decided to keep it as one bedroom as DS can be tricky with new things, do we let them go to bed when they want rather than try and enforce a bedtime?

Am getting so excited! grin

blackteaplease Sat 20-Jul-13 09:17:42

I would forget about bedtime for the first few nights. The campsite will be light and noisy children will be playing out til late. I can never get mine to sleep until we go to bed but i have friends who do manage to get theirs kids down earlier.

Do you have a lidded bucket you could use for night time wee?

Have a fun trip

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now