took 6mo dd camping for the first time this weekend...

(13 Posts)

and she slept like a dream! she only woke up once in the night, then slept till 7.30am. this is a record for her, by a long way.

I may have to take her camping every weekend for the rest of the summer.

Taking our 8m DS camping this week for the first time ever...any tips?

We have masses of space as we have a vw camper & huge bell tent...so I can pretty much take whatever we need grin

Lavenderloves Sun 16-Jun-13 20:53:26

Buy a sheepskin forvhim to sllep on..toasty.

Assajjventress Sun 16-Jun-13 20:56:59

Where are good places to take little ones camping as I want to give it a go. I'm in the south east.

SilverSixpence Sun 16-Jun-13 23:19:51

We're going to the Secret Campsite in Sussex, seems nice and family friendly

MummyPigsFatTummy Mon 17-Jun-13 00:34:12

Forgewood is great and the kids love the woods. We are trying st Ives Farm this weekend. Its in Ashdown forest - home of Winnie the pooh. Should be good.

a friend recommended a bubble travel cot ( like this only half the price from ebay ), and it was great. We draped a towel over it to make it dark, which I think helped her to sleep.

Longdistance Mon 17-Jun-13 01:06:57

I've got the Koodi pop up cot. Very good indeed.
I reckon it was the fresh air that did your baby good smile

hmm, wonder if I should just put her to sleep in it in the garden? wink

Have skeepskin (he sleeps on one normally) and have just bought one of those cots of ebay grin

We're going to Sandy Balls in the New Forest - it's a bit like centre parcs and has an indoor pool so we can take him swimming, and we're hiring some bikes and a little trailer as there are loads of flat bike trails nearby

MummyPigsFatTummy Mon 17-Jun-13 09:27:54

Thunderboltkid - a fleecy all in one with vest and babygro underneath should keep him toasty, particualrly with a sheepskin underneath. These ones from Trespass: http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/160985736539?var=gv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=65(can't find them on Trespass website) are great if you can get them as they have a hood which is good for extra warmth and feet and hand covers which fold back (brilliant for getting their feet into wellies in the morning when they are toddling and for when you want to get them into nightgear but still let them stay up round the fire for a bit etc).

However, Primark and Mothercare are also good for all in ones. I buy them at the end of the season for the next year as the prices are generally slashed.

MummyPigsFatTummy Mon 17-Jun-13 09:29:05

Proper link: compare.ebay.co.uk/like/160985736539?var=gv<yp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=65

The bigger the better. DD has only just stopped wearing her 18-24 months suit this year and she is 3.5 years now (albeit wuite little).

That is sooo cute grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now