Virgin camper - dipping toe in . . . .

(6 Posts)
NettleTea Mon 17-Jun-13 21:14:34

Nice recommendations from Blu there...
And only 20 mins away is perfect for a first time camp, you will have a great time

Blu Sun 16-Jun-13 21:03:03

If by basic pop-up you mean one of those v small single skin festival tents like this I would avoid. They drip condensation on you in great pools. Get a tent with a fly sheet and an inner.

this would be better

and this would be much better

tiny and cheap

I have the bigger Decathlon pop-up and it is excellent.

Mummybookworm Sun 16-Jun-13 20:17:57

Thanks, that was my thought Ineed - would probably only take cereal and tea making stuff. We only live 20 mins away too, so I thought it would be an ideal first time. Thanks for the suggestions Myboys, I think I will be treating myself to a new camping notepad! flowers

myBOYSareBONKERS Sun 16-Jun-13 18:43:53

Tent.
Sleeping mats - self inflate are easy to sort.
Sleeping bags.
Torches and batteries.
Loo roll
Wipes

Ineedmorepatience Sun 16-Jun-13 18:11:58

I would say go for it. I often take my Dd's away on my own and love it.

I havent done a festival though, I dont think you would need a lot of kit because I presume you wouldnt cook at a food feastival grin

Mummybookworm Sun 16-Jun-13 17:10:23

I have never camped before as an adult. Am quite interested in getting a v basic pop up tent for dd and I to go to Jamie and Alex's Big Feastival in Aug. What do you reckon I will need? We would be there from the Friday until Sunday. I thought it would be a good exercise in testing whether we like it (camping). Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now