keeping the dog warm **tonight***

(6 Posts)
cazinge Mon 17-Jun-13 22:25:20

She normally sleeps in our bedroom (on her own bed) but has been known to move her bed across the other side of the room if she feels a puff of air a draft.

We put her in the porch (fitted g'sheet) with foil backed rug, blanket, bed & a double blanket on top (tucked in!). I left the door between the bedroom and porch open a bit and froze and she came to snuggle between us about 5am so might have been cold but was back on her bed (minus top blanket) by 8ish.

She settled well though so next time we will do the same set-up but in the 4-berth (1 bed pod) so she will be in the bedroom with us.

Judyandherdreamofhorses Sun 16-Jun-13 20:49:03

We went camping last week for the week. Dog slept in crate with usual bedding inside the tent. He was completely fine.

BastardDog Sun 16-Jun-13 20:47:33

My dog sleeps with me blush. If he didn't I'd be making a little nest for him out of old duvets, blankets etc.

My sisters dog sleeps in a dog bed on the floor at the side of her bed. Every night she tucks the dog in with a blanket, like you would a small child.

I think foil backed picnic rug is a good idea to stop damp from the ground.

Lavenderloves Sun 16-Jun-13 20:42:08

No, dog needs basket and mat to sleep on! With blanket od dog coat.

They sleep inside normally.

needtoleaveukforsunshine Sun 16-Jun-13 12:21:55

It is a dog - doesnt need a blanket - dogs just keep warm when camping. Of course if it is a teeny weeny puppy might be different. We take our dog's crate and just stick her in there.

cazinge Sat 15-Jun-13 23:04:57

We are camping (in the garden) tonight to see how the dog copes. Only got the small 2-man tent up as bigger one won't fit in garden. Dog will be in porch which has fitted groundsheet, how do I make sure she's not cold? I was thinking foil-backed picnic rug, blanket, bed (pillow type) then another blanket?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now