Children's blackout bedroom pods

(9 Posts)
RenterNomad Sat 15-Jun-13 23:17:18

Thanks! smile

Queen0fFeckingEverything Sat 15-Jun-13 23:13:04

Yep. Bit rustly if its breezy but no worse than raindrops and I may be wierd but I love the sound of rain on canvas

RenterNomad Sat 15-Jun-13 23:10:18

What's a space blanket? Is that the silvery, crinkly thing?

Queen0fFeckingEverything Sat 15-Jun-13 23:04:58

We've always just gone for putting a space blanket between the inner and outer tent skins. Keeps it warmer at night, cooler in day, and much much darker in the morning, and only costs a few quid.

That was when we used to go in a 4 man one room tent with 1 DC though so not sure how well it'd work with a bigger tent but I guess a bit of gaffa tape <my answer to most things> and a couple of space blankets would do the job.

thefemaleJoshLyman Sat 15-Jun-13 22:59:45

I am trying to find blackout sleeping pods - please could you link to these?

nicecupofteaplease Mon 10-Jun-13 19:55:39

I found it - it's Vango's Kid's Room which costs about £100 and only fits Vango tents so no good for us. Think we're going to try putting blackout material over the top of their pods.

nobodysfool Sun 09-Jun-13 21:36:24

Blimey that sounds like a fab idea OP!If you find one let us know.

RenterNomad Sun 09-Jun-13 19:57:06

DS's pre-school had a play "dark tent", if you need to think of how to search for this...?

nicecupofteaplease Sun 09-Jun-13 19:47:16

Is there such a thing? DH says he has seen some, with animals on the canvas and made of blackout material, but I can't find them anywhere. We have a Vango Tigris 600, and are in desperate need of camping sleep with a 2 and 4 year old..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now