I am looking for a silk sleeping bag liner.

(12 Posts)
VeganCow Sun 23-Jun-13 17:55:28

Ah Abzs I see now!

Abzs Sat 22-Jun-13 16:40:52

VeganCow SilverSixpence I have used sleeping bag liners in the following circumstances:
- keeping a sleeping bag clean. A liner is a lot easier to wash.
- hygiene when hiring a sleeping bag e.g. when trekking
- when a compulsory requirement in mountain huts/hostels abroad. If they provide blankets, you must provide a liner. Or you can not use their blankets and take a sleeping bag, but a liner is lighter to carry.
- with a sleeping bag to add warmth
- on its own when it is too hot for a sleeping bag but you want something to cover you as jamaisjedors said

VeganCow Sat 22-Jun-13 15:39:27

SilverSixpence, same here, what are they for?

Greenandcabbagelooking Fri 21-Jun-13 13:13:43

Mountain Warehouse has silk sleeping bag liners today, if you're still looking.

jamaisjedors Wed 19-Jun-13 15:27:04

I don't mind hand-washing them, I'm hoping that I will be able to rinse them out at the campsite and that they will be dry by evening (it will be hot!).

Abzs Wed 19-Jun-13 12:27:55

If you have the budget go for a pure silk - rab do a good one. Very light weight, very small pack size. Downside of silk is that they are quite delicate and need hand washed - dh put his in the machine and ruined it.

I would generally recommend (and have) a poly cotton one as a compromise. Not as heavy as cotton and quicker drying, medium pack size, can be machine washed. Trekmates do a range stocked widely.

jamaisjedors Wed 19-Jun-13 11:57:07

They look good wohmum but they say they're not 100% silk - did you find them sweaty?

I was thinking they might do for the DS !

wohmum Tue 18-Jun-13 22:09:43

We've bought these and they are fine and dead cheap, even with postage.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Single-Silk-Liner-Sleeping-Bag-Hostel-Travel-Sheet-Sack-/290544731532?pt=UK_SportingGoods_SleepingBags_SM&var=&hash=item43a5d0c58c

We had a really nice email from the vendor apologising for delay in delivery.

FannyBazaar Fri 14-Jun-13 21:34:41

I have a Decathlon one, used it twice, it's very nice and soft and packs down really tiny which a cotton one would not and I imagine it would be super quick to dry if I washed it blush. It gives me an extra layer but takes up hardly any space, it also has a sort of built in pillow case which is great for holding the pillow in place.

SilverSixpence Wed 12-Jun-13 23:05:09

they have some in Decathlon, I have never used one though, what are they for??

jamaisjedors Wed 12-Jun-13 22:54:10

me too, I want to know this.

Or whether I should just make cotton ones for us all (going back to Corsica, last year sleeping bags were too hot but we needed something to cover us.

AtYourCervix Thu 06-Jun-13 09:14:15

any recommendations?

Are the cheapy ones on ebay any good?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now