I am looking for a silk sleeping bag liner.

(12 Posts)
AtYourCervix Thu 06-Jun-13 09:14:15

any recommendations?

Are the cheapy ones on ebay any good?

jamaisjedors Wed 12-Jun-13 22:54:10

me too, I want to know this.

Or whether I should just make cotton ones for us all (going back to Corsica, last year sleeping bags were too hot but we needed something to cover us.

SilverSixpence Wed 12-Jun-13 23:05:09

they have some in Decathlon, I have never used one though, what are they for??

FannyBazaar Fri 14-Jun-13 21:34:41

I have a Decathlon one, used it twice, it's very nice and soft and packs down really tiny which a cotton one would not and I imagine it would be super quick to dry if I washed it blush. It gives me an extra layer but takes up hardly any space, it also has a sort of built in pillow case which is great for holding the pillow in place.

wohmum Tue 18-Jun-13 22:09:43

We've bought these and they are fine and dead cheap, even with postage.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Single-Silk-Liner-Sleeping-Bag-Hostel-Travel-Sheet-Sack-/290544731532?pt=UK_SportingGoods_SleepingBags_SM&var=&hash=item43a5d0c58c

We had a really nice email from the vendor apologising for delay in delivery.

jamaisjedors Wed 19-Jun-13 11:57:07

They look good wohmum but they say they're not 100% silk - did you find them sweaty?

I was thinking they might do for the DS !

Abzs Wed 19-Jun-13 12:27:55

If you have the budget go for a pure silk - rab do a good one. Very light weight, very small pack size. Downside of silk is that they are quite delicate and need hand washed - dh put his in the machine and ruined it.

I would generally recommend (and have) a poly cotton one as a compromise. Not as heavy as cotton and quicker drying, medium pack size, can be machine washed. Trekmates do a range stocked widely.

jamaisjedors Wed 19-Jun-13 15:27:04

I don't mind hand-washing them, I'm hoping that I will be able to rinse them out at the campsite and that they will be dry by evening (it will be hot!).

Greenandcabbagelooking Fri 21-Jun-13 13:13:43

Mountain Warehouse has silk sleeping bag liners today, if you're still looking.

VeganCow Sat 22-Jun-13 15:39:27

SilverSixpence, same here, what are they for?

Abzs Sat 22-Jun-13 16:40:52

VeganCow SilverSixpence I have used sleeping bag liners in the following circumstances:
- keeping a sleeping bag clean. A liner is a lot easier to wash.
- hygiene when hiring a sleeping bag e.g. when trekking
- when a compulsory requirement in mountain huts/hostels abroad. If they provide blankets, you must provide a liner. Or you can not use their blankets and take a sleeping bag, but a liner is lighter to carry.
- with a sleeping bag to add warmth
- on its own when it is too hot for a sleeping bag but you want something to cover you as jamaisjedors said

VeganCow Sun 23-Jun-13 17:55:28

Ah Abzs I see now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now