Campsite to suit all..

(9 Posts)
HappyJoyful Wed 01-May-13 09:31:28

I got some suggestions last year for sites and we've been to WoWo and am also planning a trip to Eweleaze later in year that was recommended on here too.

However, am now looking to find somewhere else that suits both my nature loving (I must have a campfire) husband and family that also enjoy camping but prefer the more organised/shower's/wasing up facilities etc of somewhere like Hollands Wood - New Forest. I know there are some great farm places which I think DD would love if there were animals roaming!

We're going for 2 nights so don't want to go too far - Ideally no more than a 2hr drive from Bucks/Herts.

It must take dogs and ideally have a pub in walking distance!

Suggestions most welcome.

hillbilly Wed 01-May-13 10:03:32
hillbilly Wed 01-May-13 10:04:42

Might be too far though - we are going to www.townfarmcamping.co.uk this weekend for the first time. That's in Bucks.

hillbilly Wed 01-May-13 10:05:30

sorry - what I meant was that Forgewood might be too far, not Town Farm grin

HappyJoyful Wed 01-May-13 10:16:27

thank you...forgewood looks good - certainly doable journey wise. Think townfarm almost feels too close! Ohh getting excited!

Lurking because this is exactly the dilemma we have (although it is me that likes fires). We're miles away in the north east though...

HappyJoyful Thu 16-May-13 11:55:43

sorry you didn't get any north eastern response Yellow
excited to report we've booked Forgewood.. fingers crossed for some sunshine now!

professorpoopsnagle Thu 16-May-13 16:06:07

Fisherground in the Lake District allows fires but it can get a bit overcrowded during the holidays.

hz Thu 16-May-13 16:43:15

My blog is all about campfire campsites, perhaps it would be useful! There is a map with lots of campsites, not just any old campsite with a fire but ones with that touch of wildness, great views, woodland or wild water. Many of them also have decent facilities, if I have visited them I review them and give a good description of facilities on offer. Unfortunately none in the north yet. So many campsites - so little time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now