We are going to be camping on stony ground ..do we need a footprint groundsheet?

(3 Posts)
Ffuntimewincies Mon 29-Apr-13 15:54:27

I would (or what CMOT suggests). Tuck the ends right in though or, if it rains, the rain will run off the tent, onto the groundsheet and be funnelled under the tent (bitter experience).

Some rock pegs might be a good idea too. The Diamond ones are good, just don't bang them in too far or they're a bugger to get out (also bitter experience hmm).

CMOTDibbler Mon 29-Apr-13 14:06:31

You could get a small tarpaulin or a regular groundsheet just bigger than your tent and pop it down before you pitch. Then tuck all the edges right under your tent - it'll stop stones poking into your tent groundsheet

carriedawayannie Mon 29-Apr-13 14:04:12

First camping trip.

We have the Quechua pop up

We are probably going to be camping in May half term at our local country park but some of the pitches are quite stony and there is talk in the reviews of taking something to protect the tent like an extra groundsheet I think <<not very knowledgeable emotion>>

What should I be looking for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now