May I start the millionth bell tent thread!

(33 Posts)
LifeofPo Sat 27-Apr-13 19:12:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

zanz1bar Sat 27-Apr-13 20:35:27

oh oh oh Just got mine 5m standard from belltent. It arrived on friday and all the heavens have hailed down on us all day, so no chance of pitching in the garden yet.

I got the 1/2 inner just to keep the kids in one place. Found a blog where they had dyed the inner red, it looked fantastic, very tempted.

Also want some sort of carpet or rug that wont end up in a heap with 2 kids and dog in/out all day out. NO coir/sea grass stuff it stinks when wet soaks up water and wecks your feet and knees. any ideas?

Slubberdegullion Sat 27-Apr-13 20:43:54

WHAT?!!!

NO WAY!

They got you too.

I am almost without words...

LifeofPo Sat 27-Apr-13 20:46:33

LifeofPo Sat 27-Apr-13 20:47:23

Slubberdegullion Sat 27-Apr-13 20:51:53

But but but but a Pyramid IS a bell but with a lovely porch. Bell at the arse end, utilitarian porchy loveliness at the front. I though you, Lucy and me were gonna be the Pyramid massive (small one). We would have been tigh man. TIGHT [tight hand]

Pffffffffffft

If there is talk of the chandelier then, well I don't know what I will think.

Slubberdegullion Sat 27-Apr-13 20:53:50

Yes yes yes, I've been in millions of bells <wafts hand>, and yes they are lovely but I am a pyramid woman. I like a big old porch. Porch to store your shoes from the syphilitic bastard British weather.

LifeofPo Sat 27-Apr-13 20:54:24

Slubberdegullion Sat 27-Apr-13 20:58:17

You can stick a stove in a pyramid, no problemo, just cut a round hole innit. Sal knows how to do it.

Slubberdegullion Sat 27-Apr-13 20:59:01

Do you watch the Walking Dead?

LifeofPo Sat 27-Apr-13 20:59:51

Theironfistofarkus Sat 27-Apr-13 21:02:55

We just got a soulpad 5m after seeing them recommended here. V excited!

Went to ikea and bought some cheap rugs. Also local carpet shop sells off cuts so bought a bit of that too for the floor.?

Also bought some of these for storage in tent m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/art/70163258/

Slubberdegullion Sat 27-Apr-13 21:03:09

There is the perfect analogy at the end of season 2 of how I am feeling but if you didn't watch it you won't get it. Never mind.

V good series btw.

NettleTea Sun 28-Apr-13 00:10:19

afraid I must agree with Slubber on the pyramid option

Slubberdegullion Sun 28-Apr-13 08:08:14

Oh my goodness, I do apologise Nettle, you are like queen Pyramid, you have a (insert collective noun of pyramid tents). You are gang leader.

SalomeD Sun 28-Apr-13 17:29:29

Have to admit it blush

i too have succumbed to the Pyramid side (although I feel mine is more zziggurat in shape!)

Got a fab Cabanon Pyramide from a lovely lady via eBay

Will be sleeping in it tonight with youngest DS.

Have a 5m bell but have to say I love having the big windows and extra useable space in this little tent (tis a 4-berth, i.e. reasonably comfy for 2 or 1A & 2C)

Needed something smaller for Just So festie and quick camps without DH - ticks all the boxes for me

newbiefrugalgal Thu 02-May-13 19:33:00

I've got a 4m bell tent. New last summer, camped for one week but heading overseas and no room to take it. PM if anyone interested.

NettleTea Thu 02-May-13 21:44:50

oooh queen pyramid. I like that!! though must confess to a little caravan ownership going on too now.... We are not allowed to put up any extra tents at our farm because of the stupid council, but a caravan within the 'curtalage of the farmhouse' is fine and dandy to shove the kids into of a Friday night while I book in latecomers from London Town...
pics are on my profile. Please Slubber dont judge me for the kidstonesque nature of what the previous owners did to it - it WILL be restored to its former original glory. The Betty Boop is going first, it creeps DD out, closely followed by the rather nasty glass objects.....

NettleTea Thu 02-May-13 21:46:25

SalomeD I see you have come over to the dark side too...... haha we will start the pyramid revolution!! have you fitted a stove in yet. I am not sure if I have the guts to do it. may try on the small zilvermeuw first and see how it goes

SalomeD Thu 02-May-13 22:02:39

Have spent two nights in the pyramid this week - loved it!

The sleeping inner is wonderfully snug and she didnt leak during the prolonged storm on the first night (you just have to have faith in vintage canvas's amazing ability to keep watertight)

NettleTea Fri 03-May-13 08:19:50

I think I saw that on ebay - I have an unhealthy compulsion to always be scouring for canvas bargains! It looked fantastic. we have taken the inners out for the glamping at the farm, and its still water tight. shall get some pics today of the new deWaard, its a monster especially with the vario awning....

SalomeD Fri 03-May-13 08:34:42

If you blinked you may have missed it on eBay.

Think the seller was a bit surprised that 11 minutes after she had posted the advert I had, in a most uncommon act of impulse, hit the [Buy it Now] button & bought it!

She said she was glad it was going to a good home - we're sleeping out again this weekend, just garden camping, not able to go further afield for the bank holiday, but don't mind too much as we're pretty rural here and it's great waking up to the bird song under canvas.

Had toyed on getting a little Outwell for when I go away with just one of the children but couldn't bring myself to buy something that wasn't canvas!

Slubberdegullion Fri 03-May-13 09:09:49

Erck! At the interior decor of your van Nettle, a red and white theme I see going in there. And yy burn Betty, grim indeed.

What Cabanon did you get Salome?

SalomeD Fri 03-May-13 09:55:17

It's a Pyramide 4 so une petite pyramid! just right for 2/3 for a weekend tent.

I'd like to stick a tarp on the front for when I camp in it for longer or when the weather is inclement as I prefer not to cook inside.

Really like the extra bit of head height and am currently sewing fleece/sheet covers SIMs so I have one large sleeping mat to cover the floor of the inner.

Have put some pictures of her on my Profile

Slubberdegullion Fri 03-May-13 11:13:07

Fab tent Salome, and your dog is gorgeous too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now