Do you play board games when your dc are asleep?

(32 Posts)
carriedawayannie Fri 26-Apr-13 18:51:07

If so what ones?

Thinking I might get some for our first camping trip!

<sniggers at quenelle> grin

carriedawayannie Thu 02-May-13 20:59:02

I think 5yo dd1 would like but I haven't got a clue how to play. I need to buy some.

Quenelle Thu 02-May-13 17:17:53

DH plays top 'trumps' on his own. It's tolerable if we're sitting outside the tent.

You're probably not missing out if your looking for a game when kids are asleep. Boys love it though and you can get all sorts of different types. We have dinosaurs, Ben 10 and moshi monsters

carriedawayannie Thu 02-May-13 14:37:26

I've never played trumps. I'm missing out aren't I?

When our DC are asleep? <hollow laugh>

How it goes with us is this. Let the kids charge about and tire themselves out. Try to put them to bed about 2 hours after their usual bed time. End up getting cross when they are over excited and refuse to go to sleep. Half heartedly try and ignore them sniggering and throwing stuff at each other while we drink outside. Go to bed and read our kindles interspersed with 'its time for sleep be quiet!'.

So in short, no. we do play top trumps in the day though with the boys and i'm liking the sound of monopoly deal.

Lovecat Mon 29-Apr-13 18:04:39

When DD is asleep we read our kindles and drink lots of gin. Sometimes we chat.

When she's awake we play sevens, sweaty betty, yahtzee, consequences (a new fave this year) and interminable rounds of Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock.

Kahlua4me Mon 29-Apr-13 14:32:34

We play shut the box or just reading the paper and chatting whilst enjoying the peace and quiet!

carriedawayannie Mon 29-Apr-13 10:16:05

I would love to learn some decent card games. I need to read some rules I think.

Uno is fab and I was thinking of that as its easy to pick.

Love the other sugggestions - will google smile

AnAirOfHope Mon 29-Apr-13 07:15:11

My kids sleep thru any thing so uno is great fun. Its pig out my dh shouts and wakes the people in the next tent lol

colleysmill Sun 28-Apr-13 21:31:51

I am biased towards uno though - I still have the original cards my uncle from America sent one Christmas in the early 80's but the box died decades ago.

Slubberdegullion Sun 28-Apr-13 21:04:00

Monopoly Deal is IN. UNO is OUT for our season 2013/14.

Sommink Sun 28-Apr-13 21:00:05

we used to play cards, easier games before we went to bed then my parents (and their friends-we went in a group) played the more complicated games, or at least games where we could not easily cheat!

almostanotherday Sun 28-Apr-13 20:41:30

We used to play strip poker once our DC had gone bed smile

We like the card game Phase 10. Also play Yahtzee.

FullOfChoc Sun 28-Apr-13 20:28:40

We usually read. Uno? but it might be a bit loud.

AnAirOfHope Sun 28-Apr-13 20:24:24

Or pass the pigs blush

colleysmill Sun 28-Apr-13 19:02:50

Can't beat a bit of Uno I agree - although arguments always ensue as people can't remember the rules!

AnAirOfHope Sat 27-Apr-13 21:38:23

Uno

Still18atheart Sat 27-Apr-13 21:37:59

Yes of course we do, what else are we supposed to do? Have a pleasant adult conversation hmm grin

scrabble, travel monopoly, cards especially rummmy and 21

hz Sat 27-Apr-13 21:34:39

Wow, who knew bananagrams was such a camping thang!

Blowninonabreeze Sat 27-Apr-13 21:31:35

Bananagrams and cards.
Sometimes rummikub if we have the car space

millimat Sat 27-Apr-13 21:29:18

I'm with sowornout. DH's idea of hell. Play board games and esp top trumps with the children though.

Lucycat Sat 27-Apr-13 20:50:20

Yes wine and talking for us too - rl is so busy that camping is when we actually get to talk to one another smile

although I do like thrashing dh at Bananagrams too.....

Quenelle Fri 26-Apr-13 23:32:25

There has been Cribbage <snore>

I prefer to drink wine and talk bollocks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now