Do you play board games when your dc are asleep?

(32 Posts)
carriedawayannie Fri 26-Apr-13 18:51:07

If so what ones?

Thinking I might get some for our first camping trip!

Lovecat Mon 29-Apr-13 18:04:39

When DD is asleep we read our kindles and drink lots of gin. Sometimes we chat.

When she's awake we play sevens, sweaty betty, yahtzee, consequences (a new fave this year) and interminable rounds of Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock.

When our DC are asleep? <hollow laugh>

How it goes with us is this. Let the kids charge about and tire themselves out. Try to put them to bed about 2 hours after their usual bed time. End up getting cross when they are over excited and refuse to go to sleep. Half heartedly try and ignore them sniggering and throwing stuff at each other while we drink outside. Go to bed and read our kindles interspersed with 'its time for sleep be quiet!'.

So in short, no. we do play top trumps in the day though with the boys and i'm liking the sound of monopoly deal.

carriedawayannie Thu 02-May-13 14:37:26

I've never played trumps. I'm missing out aren't I?

You're probably not missing out if your looking for a game when kids are asleep. Boys love it though and you can get all sorts of different types. We have dinosaurs, Ben 10 and moshi monsters

Quenelle Thu 02-May-13 17:17:53

DH plays top 'trumps' on his own. It's tolerable if we're sitting outside the tent.

carriedawayannie Thu 02-May-13 20:59:02

I think 5yo dd1 would like but I haven't got a clue how to play. I need to buy some.

<sniggers at quenelle> grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now