bitten the caravan bullet

(7 Posts)
NettleTea Wed 24-Apr-13 21:53:50

and bought myself a little classic!! Photos are on my profile for the inquisitive. The kids are overjoyed. Just got to work out where we are going to store it on MILs farm so that it doesnt upset her too much!!

flipflopper Wed 24-Apr-13 22:03:25

that is beautiful! Have you done it up yourself?
We are thitnking of getting one and would love one just like that!
Can I be cheeky and as what you paid for it?

NettleTea Wed 24-Apr-13 22:28:57

I didnt do it up - I literally drove 400 mikes on Sunday to collect it (I was absolute on only having a Carlight) and the guy who sold it to me just gave me all the interiors - cups, saucers, the lot!! My little boy even got a really kitch 1970's warbling bird model. It was £2600 but thats because its in amazing condition really solid with everything working and because Carlight were coachbuilt by hand and were considered the Rolls Royces of caravans in their time. Not many factory builds would be in this condition after 40 years.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 24-Apr-13 22:31:01

Wow! It looks in fantastic condition.

Have you planned your first trip yet?

Beamur Wed 24-Apr-13 22:34:33

Cute.
We had our first caravan camping last year - borrowing DP's parents dinky French one. Sooo comfy but DP is still troubled - he is more of a basic camping/bivvie type really.

NettleTea Thu 25-Apr-13 12:02:13

well our first trip will probably be just at my PILs farm - I am going to set it up so that the kids and I can stay in it if we have guests coming into our yurts late on a Friday as our house is a way from the farm and it gets tricky trying to juggle guests and childcare. But have been looking at a few places for a day out or two.

chipmonkey Thu 25-Apr-13 20:51:16

Oh, Nettle, it looks fab!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now