ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Looking for a kid-friendly campsite in North Wales - any recommendations?

(11 Posts)
iloveblue Sat 20-Apr-13 19:27:37

Just that really. smile

TIA

ZolaBuddleia Sat 20-Apr-13 19:32:05

I'm looking for the same thing. Came across this

moondog Sat 20-Apr-13 19:34:44

This is a lovely place run by extremely nice people.
There's a gentle river there which is perfect for paddling and you are near lots of interesting things to see and do. They also have a lovely cafe in a converted mill. Oh and the showers and loos are always immaculate.
Riverside Camping

moondog Sat 20-Apr-13 19:36:38

Sorry, here's their proper website

moondog Sat 20-Apr-13 19:38:06

This one in Betws Garmon also highly rated

moondog Sat 20-Apr-13 19:39:18

Also lovely in a great setting

ZolaBuddleia Sat 20-Apr-13 19:49:42

Moondog, did you notice whether there were many dogs at Seiont? DD is scared of them, and don't fancy a site where there are loads of dogs.

iloveblue Sat 20-Apr-13 19:55:39

I was just looking at that one too zola - looks lovely. I quite fancy Anglesey, we've never been.

Thanks moondog off to check those ones out now.

headlesslambrini Sat 20-Apr-13 20:30:27

this is a fantastic one just outside Mold. Close to chester zoo, mold has a market on a Saturday, the farm itself does nature walks, lamb feeding and horse riding, warm showers, small shop but aldi, lidl and Tesco close by. We've been there a number of times and it's really good. Lovely kids playground as well.

SuperFurrySlippers Sat 20-Apr-13 20:51:01

Thanks for this thread, some of the sites look lovely, we are thinking of going camping in Wales later this year, so its great that someone has done the research for me!

moondog Sat 20-Apr-13 22:44:07

Here's another lovely one in a very private secluded setting with its own beach if you are quiet types.
Gyrn Goch
Zola, on the many occasions I have been there I can't recall seeing dogs (check though). It's a peaceful and civilised place but lots of kids running about having a nice time, which is why I like it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now