how do you have sex on a camping holiday if you go with children?

(60 Posts)
Fairylea Fri 19-Apr-13 09:16:05

Well.. exactly that really!

Dh and I have two children..dd aged 10 and ds who would be year old in the summer.

We like the idea of camping for a week somewhere but what do families do about having sex ? Surely you can't in a family tent... ? Dd would hear us...! So do you just not have sex ?

I know this sounds ridiculous but it's putting me and dh off camping and I wondered what others do.. thanks.

wonderingagain Fri 19-Apr-13 18:19:13

There is certainly an afternoon nap ritual that I hadn't viewed suspiciously until now.

EssieW Fri 19-Apr-13 18:28:22

Yes I did notice my typo of twnts for tents...but thought I'd leave it for you all to enjoy...

wonderingagain Fri 19-Apr-13 18:30:38

Camping is so cheap you can afford a night in a hotel if you're desperate.

LadyDamerel Fri 19-Apr-13 18:34:12

Urgh, this has reminded me of a camping holiday with friends when we were students.

5 tents in a circle, 4 of them occupied by long-term-relationship couples and the last one by a couple who hadn't been together that long and were still in that phase where they liked to have A LOT of sex.

The first night we all sloped off to bed at about 1am and spent the next two hours listening to every kiss, suck (it didn't take much imagination to guess exactly what was being sucked, from the accompanying moans ::heave:smile, squelch and wet slapping noise.

It was horrific. You could hear absolutely everything.

TicTacSir Fri 19-Apr-13 18:34:35

Do not, repeat not, have a little lamp on in the tent for romantic ambience.
One wet, miserable summer in Cornwall DH and I were treated to a lovely enlarged silhouette sex-romp by the couple in the tent next door. imagine 8-ft tall shadows

SignoraStronza Fri 19-Apr-13 18:34:53

Treat it as a challenge. wink
We made sure we had a big tent with opposite bedroom areas. Go camping at heavy metal festivals. Wear the dcs out with beer cup collection (for the deposit) and air guitar lessons from obliging friends.
By the time motorhead started playing, dc (5) was fast asleep (with ear defenders on) and slept all night like a baby.
Popping back for beer/suncream etc and leaving dc in the capable hands of friends is also a trick worth mastering.grin

sassytheFIRST Fri 19-Apr-13 18:42:28

RAIN is your friend here.

chipmonkey Fri 19-Apr-13 18:47:51

I lost my virginity in a tent as well!smile I knew there was a reason why I liked camping!

Oh and twnts is just Welsh for tents, isn't it?

Ledkr Fri 19-Apr-13 18:48:49

We go for three to four weeks in the summer in our camper van.
We just don't do it! We like to think of ourselves as gloucestershires equivalent to sting and trudy styler and have tantric abstinence which preceeds weeks of non stop shagging when we get back grin
I never much fancy it anyway tbh I've usually had to much to drink and an really knackered from the days activities.
Nice break really.

nappyaddict Wed 24-Apr-13 10:10:42

Those that do have sex on camping holidays and take DC with you how old are your DC? At what age do you stop?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now