Royal Athens 6 Windbreaker

(7 Posts)
colleysmill Tue 16-Apr-13 21:23:33

Are windbreaks political? I thought they were considered essential as everyone seems to have one!

I'm looking for a good one too for weekends mainly (as opposed sides for the pulley out awning thing) but the wild cooking is distracting me!

QuintessentialOHara Tue 16-Apr-13 18:41:27

No, Dh still has not managed to build a proper bonfire, and his knife skills leave a lot to be desired, but he is good at pitching the tent!

LittleEsme Mon 15-Apr-13 20:45:59

Whoa Quint - am impressed!
You married to Ray Mears?!

QuintessentialOHara Mon 15-Apr-13 18:02:24

I only cook on a bonfire when camping, my cooking equipment consist of a Large Knife (for prepping twigs and branches into skewers, cutting food, etc) box of matches, and silver foil for baking. grin The concept of having a cooker is alien to me. grin

<wild camper>

LittleEsme Mon 15-Apr-13 17:53:09

Ah thanks Quint smile
I must admit to not realising the politics of wind breakers until I did a bit of a search last night.

I only want it to angle my stove out of the wind and NOT to gain more turf or hide from other campersgrin

QuintessentialOHara Sun 14-Apr-13 22:52:40

no idea but bumping for you

LittleEsme Sun 14-Apr-13 10:42:26

Should I get it? The tent itself is a small mansion but I'm always aware that our camp cooker seems 'outside' with no protection, so to speak. Getting the windbreaker would solve that I spose.

Where do you cook/keep your cooker?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now