Dorset campsites

(12 Posts)
mamaduckbone Wed 27-Mar-13 19:40:31

Just had a look at Inside Park...it doesn't look like campfires are allowed so that's out. I'm still in 2 minds about Eweleaze - hz you have made me veer back towards it and I love Osmington bay. I think it's between there and longthorns at the moment.

mamaduckbone Wed 27-Mar-13 19:04:07

Thank you for your suggestions...I'll be exploring them all later.

Oblomov Tue 26-Mar-13 16:24:40

We have our caravan stored at Inside Park and do not go anywhere else. We like it very much. And go 3 times a year.

Like the look of Longthorns .... off to investigate.

CaffeineDeficit Tue 26-Mar-13 16:21:41

We (me, DH and DS(2yo)) went to the Inside Park last year and loved it. Clean, peaceful, tranquil, but with plenty to keep DS entertained.

We thought Blandford was fine - not postcard pretty, but two large supermarkets (one of which is only a five min drive from the site), an Argos for whatever bit of camping equipment you inevitably forget, a hotel which did decent lunch and good fish&chips to take back to the site from the chippy.

PenPerson Mon 25-Mar-13 22:11:26

We looked at that but the fact it is at bland ford put us off. It is not the nicest town in the vicinity.

gemma4d Mon 25-Mar-13 22:09:56

I'm thinking of going to the Inside Park

www.theinsidepark.co.uk/

Would welcome any opinions - can't bring myself to book!

WetWeekend Mon 25-Mar-13 21:59:37

We live in Dorset & like Longthorns Farm. Other places we go don't allow campfires.

hz Mon 25-Mar-13 15:27:32

Eweleaze really is very good. It is so enormous that you can easily find space where you won't be bothered by neighbours, just go for fields further away from the beach access. There are great fun activities for kids, nothing fancy just barns full of haybales and rope swings, animals to look at, often kids can get involved in walking the farm dogs, plus of course the beach - mostly stony but still a great feature. Love going to the beach in our pyjamas! However if that really doesn't do it for you have at look at Brigs Farm www.brigsfarmcamping.co.uk/- only open in August, or Riverside Lakes www.riverside-lakes.co.uk/, nr Wimbourne - amazing! (Sorry rubbish at the links thing!)

mamaduckbone Sun 24-Mar-13 22:16:17

Looks nice - I like the sound of the honesty shop...although I'm not sure about boiling my own hot water for washing up.

PenPerson Sun 24-Mar-13 22:12:52
PenPerson Sun 24-Mar-13 22:11:24

Longthorns farm ? Chilled as chilled can be.

mamaduckbone Sun 24-Mar-13 22:10:33

Does anyone have any recommendations for family friendly campsites in Dorset that allow campfires? I've looked at Eweleaze farm but it looks a bit bell-tent-and-bunting for our taste and it apparently has lots of big group bookings. We're not bothered about lots of facilities - just plenty of open space, decent showers, maybe a small shop or farm produce to buy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now