Surely SOMEBODY has been to Germany?!!

(8 Posts)
millimat Fri 22-Mar-13 21:30:44

I am looking for sites in the Black Forest as I have wonderful memories of holidays there when I was little. I think I've been spoiled by some French sites as my wishlist is:
not overcrowded pitches
good swimming pool with slides to entertain children
indoor pool of weather isn't too great
good childrens playground
lake or river for beach (!!!!!)
snack bar or restaurant on site.

There's got to be someone out of all you lovely campers that can recommend a site or at least an area? Pleeeease?!

Not Black Forest but ticks most of you other boxes and we a great 2 weeks there last summer (DH and I plus 4 DS aged 2 to 9 at the time).

I might stay on and lurk for Schwarzwald recommendations if you don't mind grin.

Or Lake Constance.... <dreams>

Aaages since I stayed here:

http://herbolzheim.co.uk/

but we loved it. Very quiet & clean and lovely.

loubielou31 Wed 27-Mar-13 21:25:27

We never got to the black forest sad. And I know what you mean about sites not being up to French standards. It's tricky because a lot of German sites have mostly permanent pitches and only a few for touring which makes the atmosphere less friendly somehow. You could try the cool camping europe book but then they are unlikely to have a pool. The washblocks are guaranteed to be spotless wherever you stay though.

SeaShellsMyDogTrulySmells Fri 29-Mar-13 13:39:16

Slubber has been and had a fabulous time. She ate and drank and awful lot IIRC ;)

Slubberdegullion Fri 29-Mar-13 17:24:44

I did. A lot of pork and lovely beer and alcohol.

review of sites we stayed at here

WallyBantersJunkBox Tue 09-Apr-13 17:32:29

Hi,

I live about 1.5 hours from Lake Titisee. And yes it's a good snigger to tell everyone where you are staying!

It's a really nice sized lake, and they rent out cheap little boats and pedaloes with slides etc. Not too crowded and some nice hotels around the lake to get your Schnitzel and Gateaux. There is also a little ferry boat that can take you to the camp site/town/hotels etc.

We went for a day, but decided to go for a short weekend and camp. There are two sites that were both quite quiet and lakeside.

www.camping-titisee.de/

www.camping-sandbank.de/gb/home.htm

The latter site looked greener and more organised, the former right on the lake banks more relaxed.

HTH

zazas Fri 26-Apr-13 21:04:59

WallyBantersJunkBox - this is the area we are planning on going this summer! We are looking for a basic campsite really - running water and toilets are enough smile We mostly like peace and space and mountains, happy to travel to reach lake. Do you know of any campsites in that area that are just plan simple and lovely! Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now