Stopover site near Calais

(8 Posts)
millimat Sun 10-Mar-13 22:04:20

Ok so ferry booked for summer. All we need to do now is decide on where to go hmm and find good sites confused including a stopover site near to Calais port and the main A roads to set up quickly once leaving the ferry. Any suggestions?!!

Furball Mon 11-Mar-13 07:47:37

We stayed here last year which ticks all your boxes.

It has a small pool as well as table tennis tables - take your own bats and ball

cheerup Mon 11-Mar-13 14:28:45

Us too. Very easy after Eurotunnel and a nice site for an overnight if very British.

BristolWatcher Mon 25-Mar-13 11:33:36

Stayed at that site many times - always recommend it. Great Calais stopover site.

Lucycat Sun 31-Mar-13 18:59:51

Also stayed at Bien assise - reliable Castel site if rather expensive. We have firends who've stayed at a site near Ardres that they like - let me think of the name and I'll be back.

Lucycat Sun 31-Mar-13 19:02:08

Camping St Louis apparantly the 15e evening meal is v good.

millimat Sun 14-Apr-13 10:34:09

Think I will rely on your recommendations. UK campsite is very harsh on those sites!

Kahlua4me Tue 16-Apr-13 16:36:24

We've booked the ferry first too! Half the fun is finding the sites and working out the route to get there. Have you booked your sites yet or even the area?

Was ukcampsite harsh on that particular site or that group in general? We are looking for a site near Calais to use on the way home and usually go by recommendations on there. Although ones on here will be just as good I should think. Decisions, decisions!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now