Slubber lucycat come save me from the pagent

(22 Posts)
LifeofPo Sun 10-Mar-13 21:37:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

troutsprout Tue 12-Mar-13 11:12:13

Omg That palamos tent is lush!
envy lucycat ... Is that what you traded your outwell in for? Is she as lovely as she looks?

LifeofPo Tue 12-Mar-13 17:29:10

Lucycat Wed 13-Mar-13 16:00:08

Ooh yes she's fab grin much easier to put up although the front ridge pole is a little tight at first. For continental camping especially she's divine. Takes up half the space in the car to the point where we didn't take the trailer to France last year. She smells of cotton, stayed beautiful & cool in the hot sun, was completely waterproof in the thunderstorm triggered by the 35c temps & we attached a Decathlon tarp to the front using Clingons to create extra shade.
In terms of value for money I can't fault her. Any further questions please ask!

Lucycat Wed 13-Mar-13 16:14:21

The delivery from Obelink's UK delivery arm was fantastic. It took two days although he instructions in Dutch were very funny. Fortunately I used this review thread on ukcamping which was a real help and the the search engine on said ukcamping site for more info.
OK so she isn't a De Waard but in terms of weight and cost she is fanatstic. grin
The bedroom compartments ang inside but we left ours out so dh and I had more space and jus zipped the dd's into theirs.
There is a piched picture of one on this page second down on the right.

Lush is the word smile

NettleTea Wed 13-Mar-13 18:01:28

ooh that is a very nice tent and good to see you can open it right up and not obliged to have the bedroom bits in if you choose.
We have a de waard or two but that does look an excellent tent for the price. I think they are a much more usable space than a bell tent personally

LifeofPo Thu 14-Mar-13 14:39:50

Lucycat Thu 14-Mar-13 14:54:24

When she arrived from the Netherlands all the guy ropes were separate so on our practice pitch we just tied them all on - no problem and because the front guys come off, (they loop over the front poles) there are actually less long guy ropes to deal with on site when striking the tent grin
I lay the groundsheet out where you want to pitch the tent- bearing in mind that the awning will extend by another metre or so. Then zip the canvas on, put the middle pole in, raise the canvas, insert the cross awning pole and peg out - simple! wink

LifeofPo Thu 14-Mar-13 14:58:04

Lucycat Thu 14-Mar-13 16:17:44

grin

LifeofPo Thu 14-Mar-13 16:49:37

Lucycat Thu 14-Mar-13 19:26:46

She may be having a RL grin
As soon as the weather warms up she'll be back.

LifeofPo Thu 14-Mar-13 19:54:06

Slubberdegullion Fri 29-Mar-13 17:26:27

Yo. Did you get the Palamos or the Pageant?

LifeofPo Tue 02-Apr-13 10:11:21

Slubberdegullion Sat 06-Apr-13 21:11:04

? Romantic weekend break to the Netherlands and a Vrijbuiter store. There you can spend hour upon hour going in and out and in and out of all of the de Waards and when no one is looking you can lie down inside them and lick smell the canvas.

LifeofPo Sun 07-Apr-13 19:10:09

LifeofPo Sun 07-Apr-13 19:19:21

Slubberdegullion Sun 07-Apr-13 22:48:24

Sherry
It's all so much rawer and more thrusting when you read the blurb in Dutch.

I still have the De Waard brochure. Right thick and glossy the pages are.

LifeofPo Sat 27-Apr-13 19:52:22

Lucycat Sat 27-Apr-13 20:46:25

How about a vitual tour of Obelink looky look here

Our Palamos is on the page titled 51 Pyramide en groepstenten smile

LifeofPo Sat 27-Apr-13 20:49:58

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now