Anyone else going to Eweleaze?

(18 Posts)
Onetwo34 Sat 29-Jun-13 21:54:17

Oh heck I didn't look at reviews at all. I was being spontaneous. I don't even know what a compost toilet is.

Mildly frets

TheSecondComing Wed 26-Jun-13 21:12:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hz Wed 26-Jun-13 19:39:30

If you really can't cope with the compost toilets there are a few flushing ones near reception area. Choose a big empty field, first time I went I was obsessed with getting sea view, of course so was everyone else so it was a bit crowded in that field. If you can camp away from your car you will get more space as you can use the carless fields, majority of people want to keep cars close to them. Or, as I mentioned above if you do want a sea view head for East Field, massive field not at all crowded when we where there August bank holiday last year. Be prepared that you are unlikely to find a very flat pitch, but don't panic, it is a lovely place!

TheSecondComing Wed 26-Jun-13 18:33:35

snowmummy Mon 17-Jun-13 22:10:09

It is a bit expensive yes, but it is special

MummyPigsFatTummy Mon 17-Jun-13 10:25:42

Wincher. You are not mad but if you are anything like me when pregnant, a bucket in the tent will be your friend. You don't want to be trailing back and forth to the loos all night and if you line a bucket with a couple of bags and take some poo powder (or cat litter as some people do), you will not regret it.

Alternatively, something like one of these: www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=portable+toilet+bags&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=17221739510&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=665630&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16223025441362030731&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_32tfbvcljl_b

Also when I was that heavily pregnant, getting up from a SIM would have been an issue. I took a double height airbed and it made it a lot easier.

johnnybuoy Mon 17-Jun-13 10:22:06

it looks lovely but does seem incredibly expensive. I worked out for us, a family of 4, it would cost £32.50 for a weeknight and £55 per night at the weekend!

johnnybuoy Mon 17-Jun-13 10:20:34

it looks lovely but does seem incredibly expensive. I worked out for us, a family of 4, it would cost £32.50 for a weeknight and £55 per night at the weekend!

Wincher Sun 16-Jun-13 22:48:28

I am going with a group of friends including several toddlers. I will be 8 months pregnant - am I mad? I guess we will need to be near the loos!

snowmummy Sun 16-Jun-13 21:19:53

Going again for the second year. It is fabulous.

ShinyPenny Wed 12-Jun-13 12:19:36

We are going too! First time campers here. smile

hz Mon 13-May-13 21:01:13

If you want to have your car with you I would recommend East Field, a decent view of the sea if you go to the far end towards the Outward Bound holiday camp thingummy. You see what i mean when you get there!

Heebiejeebie Mon 13-May-13 19:45:13

Which field would you recommend? 3 year old and relatively novice campers, but really keen on a sea view.

50BalesOfHay Thu 21-Mar-13 11:13:26

Yep, definitely going (and taking first time campers with us this year)

Oh thanks for the reminder! Hoping to book a long weekend in early august for DPs birthday. Never been so v much looking forward to it!

MummyPigsFatTummy Tue 05-Mar-13 10:48:57

Yup - off the weekend of 16/17 August. Can't wait. We have been the last two years too and it gets better each year (albeit pricier too I think). DD (2 last year) loved petting the animals and climbing on the haystacks and going down to the beach and marshmallows round the fire and all the freedom to run around. Hopefully will be just as good this year.

DoughaDeer Sun 03-Mar-13 15:45:17

Not going this year but been for the last 3 - and we love it. The food on site has become quite a feature over the last couple of years - now there is an amazing bakery.

The short walk over the cliff to the small beach is lovely. We walk through past the riding stables to get a bus into Weymouth - no point in taking the car. The only reason we're not going this year is because we're camping in France but if we were staying here - we'd be off there again like a shot. I'm sure you'll love it :-)

lisad123everybodydancenow Sun 03-Mar-13 11:26:11

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now