It's so COLD... Let's talk about must-have camping stuff so I can dream...

(14 Posts)
AitchTwoOhOneTwo Sat 23-Feb-13 20:56:15

please?
no icey-teks, though.

momb Sat 23-Feb-13 21:05:48

nice thick self-inflating mattresses, 4-season sleeping bags, warm socks, gloves and hats.
A lovely warm man to cuddle up to. A mug of tea. A crackling fire and a cast iron pot of stew.
..my perfect camp!

pictish Sat 23-Feb-13 21:11:37

Well this year I'm going to buy an awning for the bell tent!
You end up buying more stuff all the time - it's totally addictive!

stargirl1701 Sat 23-Feb-13 21:15:20

Insulating mattresses and air mattresses. Season 4 sleeping bags + duvets/blankets. A campfire. Gin. A warm hat. A real pillow.

Do some jumping jacks or equivalent before getting into your bag. If you are warm the bag will keep you warm. If you are cold it will keep you cold.

IlianaDupree Sat 23-Feb-13 21:21:12

Really need to get a new sleeping bag. have an amazing wee tent just for me to get away in, camp fire, camera and the night sky.

I might be a bit of an anti social camper grin

OneHundredSecondsofSolitude Sat 23-Feb-13 21:24:56

I want a frontier stove

Pictish are you getting a tarp from obelink? I've been eyeing them since last summer

pictish Sat 23-Feb-13 21:27:26

Ooooh when I see it at that price then definitely. I was looking at one earlier for £100 and thinking it was rather pricey! Good find! grin

I went to The Show today. I was shock at some of the prices.

I'm hoping for a rich retirement.

hmm

pictish Sat 23-Feb-13 21:45:58

What's The Show?

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Sat 23-Feb-13 22:23:04

och, i totally forgot i'd posted this. My wee sister likes a bit of gadgetry and she's got a birthday coming up... is there a good MUST have (that isn't an icey tek)? weirdly, she's got good sims, bags etc... budget likely £200.

cheerup Sat 23-Feb-13 22:36:13

We've got one of those Obelink tarps. It's fab - just wish I could find the video on You Tube of all the different ways of putting it up. I want a Quechua 2 Seconds III to go with our Base 4.2 and Full but apart from that can't think of anything else that we actually need (ooh apart from those really comfortable looking high back chairs and leg rests that caravanners seem to have, possibly because they take up too much space to fit in a car)... see there is always something!

pictish Sat 23-Feb-13 22:41:56

We'd love a pair of those moon chairs but they'd never fit in the car.

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Sat 23-Feb-13 22:47:43

i do like my quechua bases but they do rely rather on good weather, don't they? they're not somewhere to sit...

expatinscotland Sat 23-Feb-13 22:51:18

Self-catering caravan or lodge . . . now you're talking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now