Recommendations of small sites within 2 hours of London

(9 Posts)
Kahlua4me Tue 26-Feb-13 22:11:10

The Secret Garden, Wisbech is amazing. Not sure how far it is for you though.

We went there last summer for with 2 other families and some grandparents and had a ball. Sort of place you want to do cartwheels through the meadow.

Would recommend the site and the owners who are incredibly helpful. Our kids loved it!

hillbilly Mon 25-Feb-13 13:28:55

About Welsummer - we found that our kids (7 & 4) did not like the woods too much (very enclosed and quite dark) whereas they love the woods at Forgewood which also had rope swings.

hillbilly Mon 25-Feb-13 13:26:34

I second Breck Farm although it's 3 hrs from us (West London). My all time fave though is forgewoodcamping.co.uk/

We also like welsummercamping.com/ and the next on our hit list is www.townfarmcamping.co.uk/

All allow fires.

MegBusset Mon 25-Feb-13 11:07:39
MegBusset Mon 25-Feb-13 11:06:59

No - it's a Camping & Caravanning Club site so may not be your thing if you're looking for something more free and easy.

Breck Farm in Norfolk allows fires and is supposed to be nice and laidback. (We normally go to neighbouring Kelling Heath which has more facilities.)

Uppermid Sun 24-Feb-13 23:06:34

Sounds lovely by the beach but does it allow fires?

MegBusset Sat 23-Feb-13 15:20:58
MegBusset Sat 23-Feb-13 15:20:14

Normans Bay near Pevensey was our go-to site when we lived in London. Right by the beach, walking distance to a nice pub with beer garden, probably got playground although it was pre-DC when we went.

HormoneHell Sat 23-Feb-13 15:18:22

We are looking for a nice rural site within 2 hours of London. I love Blackberry Wood but am too late to book. Also love Kitts Camping in Sussex. Can anyone recommend anything similar for 6 adults and 8 under 6 year olds?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now