Cashel near Balmaha on Loch Lomond - has anyone stayed there? Is it like 'the Gaza strip'??

(27 Posts)

We are considering a seasonal pitch but it is shock expensive and up a rather steep narrow road (which admittedly we'd only do once to get there and once to get out, but still <wibble>)

We did a recce today and it was gorgeous, stunning landscape, pitches right at the water (one as Canadian canoes, dontcha know grin) and the kind of remote I like while still supplying hot and cold running water. The Oak Tree pub in Balmaha was fab too, so what's not to like?
It was still closed today, some storm damage, we spoke to the manageress who was very forthcoming and helpful.

We are not experienced caravanners, b0ught our van last year (6 berth, twin axle), but took it out 8 times to different places including our summer holiday on the continent. All good fun.

Somebody mentioned Cashel is 'the Gaza strip of camping' and mentioned used needles and gear at the lochside, including on site dealing shock. Is this a stupid rumour? Please say it is <<puts arms protectively around innocent offspring>>

Any experiences would be greatly appreciated before we sign on the dotted line.

grin Moomin
Skin so soft.
Also, Smidge apparently required.

We have industrial quantities of both on order.
I don't think the DSs would deal well with being too itchy. Wusses!

Moominsarehippos Mon 29-Apr-13 18:20:21

That's the one! Apparently some soldiers we taking it out to the Middle East for the biteys out there. Although I suspect they are not a patch on the midges.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now