So what's new in the way of camping gadgets?!

(114 Posts)
Uppermid Sun 17-Feb-13 17:31:25

The nights are getting lighter, so surely it's about time to start seeing what stuff is new and essential this year! Have the bunting and fairy and fairy lights ;o) so what do I need this year?!

MummyPigsFatTummy Thu 07-Mar-13 15:20:31

I know I must be being thick but I don't get how those pants work. When are you going to be in a position where it is too public to take your trousers off but not too public to be seen unpopping and yanking out an old pair of pants and writhing around in your trousers stuffing a new pair in, under your crotch and up and then popping them together again. Or am I over (or more likely under) thinking this?

Clearly I am also too old and stupid for them confused

Quenelle Thu 07-Mar-13 16:35:48

I certainly wouldn't like to risk changing them after a few ciders.

CaveyLovesPendleton Thu 07-Mar-13 18:51:17

Too true Quenelle grin

YouBrokeMySmoulder Thu 07-Mar-13 20:23:18

I am always cold when camping unless I am somewhere properly hot so can see the benefit of such knickers but even so they are still rather silly.

Bramblesinafield Thu 07-Mar-13 20:45:20

I feel a party challenge coming on with those knickers (in a bell tent)

FannyBazaar Thu 07-Mar-13 21:17:17

That stove! I think I need that. Those knickers confused, well, they've got me thinking but I'm still not sure why. Maybe it's just for winning bets, 'I bet £50 I can take my knickers off without taking my trousers off'? Could be a good earner.

tattychicken Thu 07-Mar-13 22:51:55

Can't believe the snack stand is sold out...confused You bastards are going to be flaunting yours at me at campsites all over Britain this summer. Different flavoured Pombears in each little section.angry

troutsprout Fri 08-Mar-13 13:24:16

grin Tatty

RedPencils Fri 08-Mar-13 13:46:24

I don't get the point of those knickers. When I'm in a situation where I need to remove my knickers quickly I'm usually keen to get out of trousers too wink

hillbilly Fri 08-Mar-13 14:50:41

You would have to buy the knickers in pairs, otherwise once you took one pair off what would you do next if you only had conventional ones?

rubytutu Tue 12-Mar-13 21:06:17

just in case you are still yearning for the snack stand they are now back in stock.

NettleTea Wed 13-Mar-13 18:04:47

I have one of the biolite stoves and its great. we use it on our glampsite to impress guests who want to charge up their phones or ipads. They are always VERY excited about the whole concept of it

NonnyMuss Sun 24-Mar-13 14:10:29

Don't know how new this is but I've just invested in one of these in the unlikely event we get camping weather sometime this year <waah>

It's amazing, keeps the coffee scaldingly hot for ages with the lid on and stops it cooling too quickly with the lid off. I can have nice coffee instead of crappy instant (no point buying a proper cafetiere because dh prefers crappy instant to filter hmm ) Just need winter to bog off and we're away!

blondefriend Fri 29-Mar-13 21:25:22

I love the snack stand.

We send a group of students out to the arctic every 2 years (Greenland or Swalbard) so will recommend the knickers to them as it might just be useful. Bit of a niche market though!

blondefriend Fri 29-Mar-13 21:27:25

What about this for those middle-of-the-night dashes to the toilet in this British cold weather.

www.lazyboneuk.com/products/Dreamwalker-450-Sleeping-Bag.html

Milliways Sun 31-Mar-13 19:32:19

I want a lotus grill but DH says too expensive (which they are). Being able to cook a real BBQ within a few minutes of lighting it is great, and they use soo little fuel.

SeaShellsMyDogTrulySmells Tue 02-Apr-13 21:47:28

Cavey I'm still laughing at that bloody snack stand!!! So awesome. It would suit a welsh sunset perfectly.

TheFowlAndThePussycat Sun 07-Apr-13 08:25:49

Milliways, we've got one, it's wicked, we love it. Worth the money. It is soooo quick!

Milliways Sun 07-Apr-13 13:17:36

Ooh - makes me want one more now! Where did you get yours? Does it still look good/clean easily?
I can have another try with DH at the next Motorhome show (seen them there before)

TheFowlAndThePussycat Sun 07-Apr-13 19:05:38

At the BBC good food show. Yes it still looks great & all the bits go through the dishwasher. Although that's not v relevant to camping grin.

Is that the motor home show in P'boro? Is it good? I was thinking of going.

Quenelle Sun 07-Apr-13 20:23:59

Motor home show in Peterborough???

Tell me more.

Milliways Mon 08-Apr-13 17:51:11

Peterborough show is 19th-21st April smile

We go to the Newbury one (and also did Birmingham a few months ago)

TheFowlAndThePussycat Tue 09-Apr-13 10:29:10

Is it suitable for 4/5 yr olds? Quite keen to go but don't want to be dragging bored whiny kids around if there's not much for them.

On the other hand, they'd be quite happy to go in & out of motor homes all day opening all the cupboards, so as long as that's acceptable I think we'll be ok grin

Milliways Tue 09-Apr-13 16:32:05

Yep, lots ok kids testing the bunk beds etc. There are also lots of stalls selliing gadgets and things to look at. Some of the Huge Coach conversions are limited viewing, but the 5th Wheelers are fun to play in grin

You will still be very outnumbered by the retired brigade though!

I found my dream Motorhome at the Birmingham show, but haven't quite got the £70k they wanted for it.

TheFowlAndThePussycat Tue 09-Apr-13 19:45:48

Great, I'm going! I bet I can find something even more expensive to covet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now