Camperfest Chester 2013

(10 Posts)
colleysmill Tue 09-Apr-13 21:36:00

Ooh just seen this - We had a fab time thanks.

Twas a bit nippy at night but generally ok thanks to the sunshine and plenty of layers. The taps in the loos froze over night which shows how cold it was) We headed up to the wirral to see family too and had the obligatory AA call out as we brokedown on the way back.

Ds loved the new pub that's opened on the racecourse the White Horse - childrens play area was brilliant (even though they were still building it when we arrived Thursday night)

We had a good nosey round Chester and down the river on good friday - ended up in the Boathouse pub which was lovely and an icecream under a big bridge.

Probably will go back next year

How did you get on at camperfest chester colleysmill? Did you have a good time?

We drove past the racecourse on our way into chester last weekend and it looked great. My mum wants to go next year.

sleepwouldbenice Fri 15-Mar-13 22:59:42

I am local too

But have often said if we didnt live so close then Chester is great place to come to - walls, roman stuff, good shopping, lovely park by the ampitheare, river boat rides (or walk alongside as prob a bit too cold for a rowing boat) good zoo on outskirts if you fancy something else to do. Then countryside outside of the town if you want walking etc (delamere forest or many general walks)

And if you are on the racecourse you are about 5 mins walk from the centre which is great and having the food and drink festival on is a great bonus. Enjoy! smile

bettybyebye Fri 15-Mar-13 08:49:29

Hi I've never done the campfest part (as I'm a local) but the food and drink festival is always great. The live cooking demos are really popular, especially if it's a celeb chef eg Simon rimmer so get there early for those. If you like cheese make sure you visit the snowdonia cheddar stand - best cheese ever! Being at the race course you're also pretty much in the town centre so lots of other things to see and do as well...enjoy!

colleysmill Thu 14-Mar-13 22:36:44

I'm really looking forward to it now - I just hope it warms up a bit or it will be a tad nippy overnight!

Quenelle Mon 11-Mar-13 11:08:40

I think it sounds great. We're thinking of doing a campervan conversion so would love to go to something like this. Cheshire is the other end of the country to us though sadly. Hope you have fun.

colleysmill Sun 10-Mar-13 22:37:01

milli thank you - much appreciated!

Apparently it runs alongside the food & drink festival which sounds most appealing - just hope it isn't still snowing at Easter!

millimat Sat 09-Mar-13 18:21:44

Sorry never been and haven't a clue, but sending you a reply wink. Its near to us though so interested to hear about it too.

colleysmill Sat 09-Mar-13 18:02:26

Complete and utterly shameless bump.

Dh has posted on his MN equivalent and got more replies. The smugness is palpable.

Apparently its quite good. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts if anyone has been in previous years smile

colleysmill Sun 10-Feb-13 11:25:40

Dh has won some tickets for Camperfest in Chester over Easter (whoop whoop like anything free!)

Has anyone ever been? Or is going? Is it a good weekend away?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now