Huttopia sites in France - any good?

(6 Posts)
millimat Mon 11-Feb-13 20:13:59

Arcticwaffle, I agree!

Arcticwaffle Sun 10-Feb-13 21:40:20

We stayed in the Huttopia site on Ile d'Oleron. It was ok but small crowded sites, and in early August it was VERY busy. Pools were smaller than they look in the pictures.

I'd agree with millimat, they are expensive for what you get, most of the French campsites we've stayed in have been cheaper and more spacious.

Nothing wrong with the site, just not that special.

millimat Sun 10-Feb-13 21:35:10

we stayed at the one in Versailles. Perfect location, very pretty site. However, the showers and toilets were smelly & the pitches very small. Overall it was very expensive for what was there, but maybe thats the price you pay for location? I was disappointed as I'd expected a real retreat to nature if you get what I mean?

hz Tue 22-Jan-13 18:20:38

Sounds good, thanks.

Superspudable Tue 22-Jan-13 08:21:09

We have stayed in Huttopia cabanes at Rambouillet and Senonches. They are lovely sites with a nice eatery and nice relaxed feel. We stayed at Rambouillet over easter weekend and there was a lot of (free) organised activities - stories around a campfire, easter egg hunt, nature walk with sketching....
I recommend! We also liked having a logburner for the chilly mornings!

hz Sun 20-Jan-13 20:49:37

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has been to one of the Huttopia sites in France. They look lovely, I particularly like the one with a natural pool, but can they really be a nice as they look? I would be very grateful to hear if anyone has any experiences of them. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now