Union Lido best tour operator?

(3 Posts)
oneminutespeace Sat 19-Jan-13 20:26:27

Hi all
After reading a zillion reviews it seemed that Bolero is the runaway favourite - but when I called last week it seems they were booked up by the end of last summer! Am wondering if anyone has any experience of other tour operators in particular canvas holidays? We are looking at August and have a 5 and 3 yr old. Any advice would be gratefully received.

IWishICouldThinkOfAFabName Thu 26-Sep-13 18:44:22

Having just returned from Union Lido with Bolero, there do seemt o be one of the best. All their homes had air con, terrace and a canopy. Al fresco's homes that we saw did not have the terrace and canopy. Just a table and chairs with an umbrella. It rained several evenings so the canopy meant we could still sit out - so a must in my view.
Try Gusto camp or Top camp. These were both near the bolero site and some of their homes had a covered terrace. I have googled both and Gusto camp comes out but can't find Top camp.
Or just go with Bolero next year.

IWishICouldThinkOfAFabName Tue 04-Feb-14 11:01:30

If anyone is considering going to union lido for 2015 with Bolero - they are taking reservations. You need to provide a £50 deposit but it is refundable if you decide not to go when they send you the prices for that year - usually in October - they say they will refund the deposit.
We went in 2013 and had a great time, are booked to go August 2014 and have just crazily reserved the same week in 2015.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now