North Vendee - Best camping site for children to make friends?

(4 Posts)
SeeYouWhenISeeYou Tue 08-Jan-13 16:01:08

Last year we went to a fantastic camp in Brittany. Beautiful, lots to do, mobile home was great (went with Keycamp) BUT it was so large and dispersed that our DC didn't manage to make any friends as they never saw the same faces twice. It was also possibly better for teenagers than for younger kids. I was thinking the same type of holiday would work for us, only smaller scale. I'd like a site that is family oriented and the entertainment gathers everyone together in the evenings. Any recommendations would be very much appreciated. DC are 9 and 5 by the way. Cheers.

melrose Tue 08-Jan-13 18:31:11

We loved camping bel in tranche sur mer. Walking distance from town and gorgeous beach. Lovely small site with immaculate showers and loos, nice play area and pool (although no slides and not heated) in the evening there was a "cinema" for the kids - basically a big TV with benches in front which showed a disney esque fil at 8.30 pm. Lots of kids in PJs watching a film whilst parents had a drink in the neighbouring bar! Was 3 years ago but thi k it is still there!

Lafaminute Thu 10-Jan-13 11:55:28

We stayed in Le Littoral in Port Bourgenay just south of Les Sables D'Olonne. Nice clean site, good pools and lots and lots of irish people (therefore maybe easier for your children to mix) The site was not too big and had bikes to hire on site as well as a fantastic cycle path running right past the entrance going to Les Sables - we cycled with a 2 yr old in a trailer and two 9 yr olds all the way to Les Sables beach for lunch one day and this was their "best day of the holiday"!

LingDiLong Thu 10-Jan-13 22:16:22

Not sure if this is north Vendee but we went to Camping La Yole in St Jeans de Monts. It was perfect for my kids (aged 7 and 5), they made loads of friends and the 7 year old sobbed all the way home when she had to leave them! It was a nice site; pool plus some entertainment but not very big. Weather was awful though; we went in June and it was very wet and cold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now